Mission MV speakers anyone with good opinions on them?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello from Portugal, fellow what hi-fi readers! Congrats for the people who every month put this fantastic magazine at the disposition for everyone to read.

I am thinking of starting my home cinema on a budget. I have already bougth a philips 37pfl 9603h and am thinking of buying a marantz sr 4002 on a real fantastic bargain. Later this year or in 2010 i will buy a BL-Ray player.

But for now my biggest concern are loudspeakers... i would like not to surpass the 500-600 pounds range and am thinking of a few speakers namely

wharf 9.1 in a 5.1

Q Acoustics 1010 5.1

Jamo S606 in 5.1

Mordaunt Short Avant 5.1

Mission M33 x2 + M31 in 5.1

and what brings me here to ask your opinion are the

mission MV 6+ Mv2 or Mv4 in a 5.1 configuration...

I haven't heard them because i can't find them on fisical stores here in portugal, only through internet sales both in portuguese stores or english stores. And Whats more there aren't any reviews on them anywhere...

Does anyone have these loudspeakers? would you recomend it? Does what hi-fi intend to do a review on them or is it out of the question? Opinions would be really very welcomed on this mission mv sistem or any of the others.

My audition area is in my living room...

60-70% movies and 40-30% music

size is 15 feet by 18 feet

Viewing distance for TV is 8,5 feet

Cables will be QED or chord carnival

Thank you very much for your help
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

T

the record spot

Big Mission fan here, but not of the current batch. Try and listen or get a collection of reviews for each and decide from there.

I'd be inclined to point you towards the Q Acoustics 5.1 kit - they were set up in part by an ex-Mission guy who went there and had been involved with Mission's heyday in the mid-90s, so the 73 and 75 series boxes. The later stuff from the 77 series onwards has been patchy, and no signs of it drastically improving.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your opinion. I've listened to almost everyone of them except the mordaunt short avant and those mission Mv's. Really loved the Q acoustics and in second the wharfedales... but i have heard really great opinions on the mission m33 and since the mission mvs are on the same target price,why not hear from people who own them or listened to them, to try and make up my mind.

A

Anonymous

Hello from portugal too!

I'm also starting to invest some cash into a warm sounding system that will be used for home cinema and listening to music.

I'm tempted to go with the pioneer VSX-919 system because of the good (but not excellent reviews) and its ipod funcionality where one can control the ipod via the remote. I already have a harmony one ;)

The next part of this sound system are the speakers. I'm not looking to spend too much money for now, start small, get the girlfriend used to it, and then move up slowly and keep the speakers for another room.

The speakers I'm tempted by are Qacoustics 1020, Wharfedale 9.1 and or Tannoy Mercury F1. The Qacoustics speakers can be found on redcoon.com and the wharfedale and tannoy can be found at excellent prices including shipping to portugal on ebay - I found this last night.

How has your system setup gone?

Boas e at‚ j !!

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The MV range is a good choice if you want something on a tight budget - our pick of the range for a stereo set-up would be the MV4 stand mounters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts