Mission M-Cube 5.1 v Cambridge Audio Minx 215

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Ive recently bought myself a Denon AVR 1910 amplifier and now i need sum speakers (5.1 surround sound), i've always set my heart on the Mission M-Cube due to the good reviews and also the colour it comes in (in white to make the mrs happy), i was going through the richer sounds brochure and spotted the Cambridge Audio minx 215, now these seem new to the market and look really nice but i cant seem to get a review on these on this site, would anyone be able to advise on the two systems above.

Any help appreciated

Alex

A

Anonymous

I have not heard the minx, but when I first started out in my hobby I went down the same route, with the m- cubes v bose cubes.

At the time I went the bose route, although the m-cubes where good, because of the technology these use (nxt panels) I felt the sound field was a little diffused and not as focused, there seemed to be a huge gap in the mid range sound field also.

I would suggest a demo, although you may find it hard to locate any body with m-cubes on display as dealers usually have the new stuff on show.

A

Anonymous

Will the review for the minx be on your website ? if so when ? :)

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I know theres probably much beter speakers out there, its just the colour and looks that i need to compromise with the mrs ive saved enough money, not its the hard decision on which one to get.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
important4:
Will the review for the minx be on your website ? if so when ? :)

Thanks

Yep, the review will be online, but not until the issue's been on sale for a few weeks - so maybe not this side of Xmas...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
important4:I know theres probably much beter speakers out there, its just the colour and looks that i need to compromise with the mrs ive saved enough money, not its the hard decision on which one to get.

Another small, cuboid white speaker to add to your audition list - from Monitor Audio's Radius range

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Important4,

I had the Mission M-Cubes and I thought they were a brilliant speaker package. Bear in mind that these were £1k when they first came out and won quite a few awards, so they definitely are good.

Once you've set these up accurately (the sub should ideally be in the centre, from my experience), they sound wonderful. They are small, discreet and nice to look at too - I had mine in a white/ivory colour as well and they certainly looked the part!

Great performance and looks for a style speaker package - highly recommended
emotion-21.gif

Ronald

TRENDING THREADS