Mission 760iSE & Cyrus 780

Cruehead75

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted a few thoughts from those of you with more experience than myself on a speaker purchase/pairing that I've just made.

I have been running a four speaker wall mounted setup for some time now which consists of two Mission 760i's and two Mission 760iSE's (which I still adore despite their advancing age) but the 760i's are now unfortunately permanently out of action and I have searched around for suitable replacements, I'm obviously well aware that all of these speakers are 20+ years old now but I still really enjoy the sound and visually I think they have aged quite well so I've gone for pretty much more of the same,

Anyway, I have plumped for an apparently well looked after pair of Cyrus 780's to replace the deceased 760i's and as I have not yet received them and set them up I would really appreciate present or former owners of these speakers to tell me what to expect in terms of performance and whether they will be a suitable partner for my trusty 760iSE's and give me a good (not too dissimilar) balance across the room.

As the 780 is the original incarnation of a higher end model and the 760iSE is, for want of a better description, a "turbocharged" version of a budget model I would also be interested in your opinion on which is actually the superior speaker and what significant differences (if any) I should expect to hear, I have read that the 780 (not sure whether this refers to the base model or the improved versions) have deeper bass due to the slight size difference with the 760 so this would be a bonus if it's true.

Thanks for any info you can give me!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the 780s they were good speakers, as cabinets are larger than the 760s I would expect some more bass but bass is not that much. Also front ported not sure if 760s were front or rear, so can be used close to walls. If you can find some in good nick I would go for them nor much to loose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts