Mini System with iPod dock for a large-ish room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm sure this kind of question has been asked many times, but I'm out of touch with what's on the market and, having relied on 'What Hifi' for purchases in the past, I thought I'd post a question on the forum.

I'm in the process of converting as much of my CD collection into iPod format as possible with a view to replacing my stereo with some kind of an iPod dock. I don't think, however, that I want to part with my whole CD collection because some I have a number of box sets etc. that I'm quite attached to.

We have a fairly large living room and an open plan kitchen for a total area of around 40 to 45 square metres. Is there a good quality mini-system with a CD-player and an iPod Dock that can adequately fill that kind of space ?

We listen mainly to classical music, jazz and world music. But it'd be good to have something which could deal with higher volume fusion music, Frank Zappa and classic rock as well.

Thanks,

Hugh

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Hugh, and welcome to the WHF Forums :)

Couple of quick questions. How much money do you have to spend, and are you looking for an all-in-one solution (player, dock & speakers in one unit) or would a one-box CD & iPod system plus separate stereo speakers be acceptable?

A

Anonymous

Clare,

Thanks for responding. After posting the question, I realised I should've indicated a budget. I was thinking of up to £1,000 in the first instance, and either of the options you indicate would be acceptable.

Thank you,

Hugh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts