Mini system group test winners Marantz M-CR603 with Boston acoustics A26 speakers

foxlistener

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I would be grateful if someone could let me know which issue of What HiFi the Mini system group test was published. I have listened to Monitor Audio BX2 speakers with the Marantz M-CR603 but before i purchase I would like to know how the Boston acoustics A26 speakers compare, as yet not be able to listen to these.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Test starts on P49 of the October 2011 issue.

I don't recall that there was much discussion of the Boston A26s except that they were used with the Marantz.

Boston Acoustics is part of the D&M Holdings group that own Denon & Marantz. So I guess the A26s were a natural choice, especially as they had earnt 5 stars in their own right...

http://www.whathifi.com/review/boston-acoustics-a26

The A26 review does compare the BX2s and concludes that the A26s are a worthy alternative...

"If you skip forward to the Awards section of the website, you’ll see that the Monitor Audio BX2 has picked up the gong at this price level. It’s an excellent speaker, but these A26s are good enough to be considered a viable alternative. And that’s high praise indeed."

You can get the M-CR603 and A26s together in a 'package deal' for £579.

A

Anonymous

I just bought CR603 + BX2, got it for GBP 559 from here

Good offer

Also I got 5M QED classic speaker cable as part of the deal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts