Midnight meat train

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just watched this last night, its not bad, buckets of blood and guts and the sound is fantastic (DTS MA) Dont expect a great story or great acting(Vinnie Jones) but if you like splatter movies give it a go!

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it's as you described! We unwittingly watched it a couple of days before travelling to New York for a short break...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I love Gore/Horror movies but I personally thought this movie was utter Guff with some terrible CGI gore. Give me a propper gore movie with proper make-up effects buy Tom Savini any day over this modern rubbish!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Talking of horror movies, Did anyone see '100 feet' on sky? It's on Premiere all this week.

I find most recent horrors only hold my attention for half an hour at best, but this one took me by surprise. Pretty good, apart from the typical hollywood ending, with a shockingly brutal scene that comes out of nowhere. I won't describe it, you'll know it when you see it!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:bretty:Talking of horror movies, Did anyone see '100 feet' on sky?
Is that the one about the giant centipede?

These jokes are getting worse.......

A

Anonymous

Have to disagree with you the effects were pretty good, no they aint up to Savini in his day but they work well and believe me ive seen my share of horror movies, i spent years collecting them in the good old days when finding an uncut version was better than anything! still got over 600 horrors on vhs up the loft which come out to play now and again. I never said it was great just worth a look.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
eremis6:

i spent years collecting them in the good old days when finding an uncut version was better than anything!

I still scour the net looking for uncut versions on DVD but sadly many titles have yet to see a uncut DVD release. I did manage to finally get " Absurd" uncut and in English on DVD under the title "Horrible" but some footage was obviously taken from a VHS but not much luckly. Still many titles I can't find
emotion-9.gif

T

the record spot

Take it this is the one based on the excellent Clive Barker short story of the same name? No wonder you were worried going to New York then. Assume you went by taxi everywhere?

Taxi_2.jpg

I hear New York's a great walking city on the other hand...

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
the record spot: I hear New York's a great walking city on the other hand...

Certainly is - apart from a taxi to Brooklyn for dinner one night, we walked pretty much everywhere. Still, if you're going to eat everything they serve up over there, you need the exercise!

A

Anonymous

Was that the follow up to anthropophagus the beast? One of my all time favourites was Nightmares in a damaged brain, wonderful effects for the time!

A

Anonymous

I still have an original vhs copy of "Nightmares in a damaged brain", it's billed as "Scavolinis Nightmares in a damaged brain", Scavolini is obviously a director with enough gravitas as to warrant his name above the title ! To be honest i only keep a vcr to occasionally trawl through old uncut horrors that i can't part with, tonight i think it'll be "The Burning" a Savini special if i'm not mistaken.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
bendip:I still have an original vhs copy of "Nightmares in a damaged brain", it's billed as "Scavolinis Nightmares in a damaged brain", Scavolini is obviously a director with enough gravitas as to warrant his name above the title ! To be honest i only keep a vcr to occasionally trawl through old uncut horrors that i can't part with, tonight i think it'll be "The Burning" a Savini special if i'm not mistaken.

Ah, 'The Burning'! I haven't seen that in donkeys! Pretty good hack and slash flick. The scene that sticks in my mind is the guy cutting off someones fingers with his big garden shears. I didn't know it was a Savini. Explains the realistic gore, then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts