Micromega........

A

Anonymous

New stuff or older stuff?

I had a Micromega Stage 1 (in fact it still ticking along nicely in my brother's home after about 13 years)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
New Micromega sound great but too new to know how long before it's transport will give up reading cd! (like the old one which also sound great)

A

Anonymous

I had a stage 3 one up until six months ago, good sound , warm sound. Can sell for some money tho, mine went for just under 200pound in the end. look at the condition tho cos remember these players are old men now!

A

Anonymous

I had a stage 1 (memory failing but did it go 1>2>3 with the series later being replaced by 4>5>6?).

It's a long time ago but I remember being happy with it (I moved from a Marantz cd63 II) and as I said in my previous post it's still going, so I guess that is a positive for the reliability of that generation of Micromega players.

If I was considering buying a player of that age now, I think I'd be contacting Micromega just to understand what the service situation would be in the future (would they touch it, are the transports still available etc).

Rob

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:New Micromega sound great but too new to know how long before it's transport will give up reading cd! (like the old one which also sound great)

I have a 13 year old Micromega that works perfectly! Even the illumination hasn't missed any bulbs! Great, natural sounding cd player.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a Stage 6 (Originally a stage 1 - but I had it upgraded when it was in for a repair) I like the sound, but it is now starting to skip rather badly at the beginning of a CD, you might want to consider reliability if you decide to get one as they are all rather old now.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if it's possible to reset a Micromega Stage 1? I have one that has been stored in my attic for some time it powers up nicely but I am unable to eject the cd tray. I have read somewhere that it is possible to reset the device with certain key presses during power up? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts