MF M6i or the Anthem 225

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The Mfs are double the price of Anthems. I auditioned the MFs and it did not match up to my expectations I had reading all its superlative reviews!

I got no option to get an audition on the Anthems..any inputs folks??

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Thanks El Hefe for the note..

the reason why I quried is these big amps, I've read, takes some run in time to come to full performance levels. and also I do not have an option with my Anthem dealer here to have an audition because here they are available only through pre-orders! Sad..

and the difference in the price is staggering with the specs almost matching up!

I have an Mission MX5 speakers and an Cambridge BD751 player.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What speakers did you have on the end of the M6i?......as this can make a huge difference. To hear what this amp can do, you should try it with something like Kef R700s or Proac D18s......Also make sure there is also a good source used.

Cno

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Oh sorry. Missed out on your signature. Surprisingly, M1 DAC should match nicely with M6i. But the mismatch that I can see is between Mission speakers and MF amps. I used to have Mission as well but didnt really feel the sync between them and my previous MF XA1.

Did you demo the M6i with your set up or at the dealers? If at the dealers, what was the set up used?

I have no experience with Anthem, but for Mission speakers, I find that Audiolab is a good match.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
magz76 said:
The Mfs are double the price of Anthems. I auditioned the MFs and it did not match up to my expectations I had reading all its superlative reviews!

Cheers!

Same here. I did hear the M6i when I was getting into HiFi and somehow the amp sounded too flat and a bit anaytical. At the same time just for fun I compared it to the Arcam AVR 600 and in stereo mode the AVR 600 sounded so much better than M6i.

My suggestion is do not buy any amplifier or any component with out auditioning especially with huge expectations. (It does not mean that I never buy blind but it was more trouble than a pleasant surprise most of the times!)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
magz76 said:

Cheers!
Hi magz76 Idon't reconize your disciption of the m6i at the moment I run mine with mission 752s soon to be changed. Even when cold from new it was punchy with a great sound stage and as time has passed it has been rewarding me with well controlled bass and a sweet top end which is a good trick as the 752s can be a bit bright at the moment I am thinking about the kef r500/r700 or ProAc d18s or Atc scm40s . what is your taste in music and what size is your room as I am sure this will affect how it sounds :) :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts