Meridian 508.24 CD Player Noise?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster! I recently purchased a Meridian 508.24 CD Player and I am in love with the sound of it. Well, mostly. Periodically there is a 'wobbling' or 'rubbing' sound from the transport. This occurs during most tracks, and each time a track is changed to another. I contacted Meridian and was told they would need to replace the entire laser mechanism, and did not have any more. Given they did not seem to ask follow up questions to my original query I believe their response is suspect. To the crux of the matter- has anyone experienced this before? Any steps I can try? Are there 3rd parties that may be able to help with repair? I am in Georgia state.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the 'sled' on which the laser assembly is mounted to track across the disc. Problem is, the transport mech the Meridian used - a Philips CDM12.5 - is just about impossible to source these days, and I guess even the Meridian service department has run out of whatever stocks of parts it had.

So I don't think the response you got was suspect: I'm sure if Meridian could repair it, the company would be keen to take your money in order to do so (!)

TRENDING THREADS