Media Streamer Review Section

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I made this comment in another one of my posts in the home cinema section, but thought that this part of it was maybe more relevant to this forum, so here goes :

Can I make a suggestion that the media streamers with video are separated from the music only streamers in the review section Music Servers / Clients, it just seems wrong to me that they are being compared together. For example the Pioneer N-50 is brilliant at music, but can it really be compared to a WD Live TV, one can do music only and the other does music and video, unless I'm missing something, it doesnt seem like a fair comparison.

What do you guys think ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely agreed, but unfortunately the way the site is built currently doesn't give us the ability to do this. We're promised a rebuild is on the way. which will give us much more control over how the site is constructed, and the ability to do what must look from the outside like very simple tasks without resort to development resources, but at the moment there's no immediate time-frame for this.

So yes, you're right, but apologies that we can't do it as yet.

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering if there could be a media streamer subsection to Home Cinema on the forums as there is with AV Receivers and Blu-ray?

Or after looking again at the topics, would it be sufficient to change "Computer based music" to "Computer based media"

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks John, and apologies bogbiss
smiley-undecided.gif

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
smiley-undecided.gif

I think of you as being a very serious person, Mr Everard, and this is the first time that I've read a contribution of yours and laughed out loud. Glad that the doctor himself shares your sense of humour!

Son_of_SJ said:
Andrew Everard said:
smiley-undecided.gif

I think of you as being a very serious person, Mr Everard, and this is the first time that I've read a contribution of yours and laughed out loud. Glad that the doctor himself shares your sense of humour!

Oh, so you haven't been following Andrew's post then! He's one of the funniest posters on here! :grin:

Just an example:

Andrew Everard said:
chebby said:
You should have filmed the event with a digital camera for YouTube (before placing it back in it's box on the shelf).

And then uploaded it using a computer the shop was selling, before putting it back on the shelf? Sorry, was too busy making myself a sandwich with ham, cheese and bread and butter, before putting the leftovers back on the shelf. Did wipe the knife with a couple of sheets I nicked from a roll I put back on the shelf, before putting it back in the 'four place settings for £6.99' – ripoff merchants! |( – boxset, though.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
Absolutely agreed, but unfortunately the way the site is built currently doesn't give us the ability to do this. We're promised a rebuild is on the way. which will give us much more control over how the site is constructed, and the ability to do what must look from the outside like very simple tasks without resort to development resources, but at the moment there's no immediate time-frame for this.

So yes, you're right, but apologies that we can't do it as yet.

Ok thanks for the reply, glad I'm not alone on this. Hope this can happen soon rather than later ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts