McIntosh MA8950

Devilshorse

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
I have the baby brother of this amp the 7200. The build quality is insane. Oddly I though the remote was especially good, not at all creeky. As are the dials. Running with lie mode streamer inthe the McDAC and the harbeth p3esr xev and a real sub it is a sublime set up. My other rig is a blue node into a chord 2qute/ rega p8+apheta 3/Naim 52 / super / 2x 135 mono blocks (all serviced) + b&w 802d3s. By comparison the McSetup is ridiculous value for money. Yes the Mc lacks the pace of naim but is up there with everything else. Better than Copeland. So sweet and a joy to listen too. It partners so well with the harbeths. Staging is super expansive, holographic to me. The spaces between the notes are an inky black silence vs the naims “busy ” sound. But still great for EDM etc. the power / dynamics are jaw dropping real punch with fine detail. You and feel the bones of each knuckle as the fist hits you..lol. Get one

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
have wonderful macintosh stereo*amplifier with denon turntable &dynaudio speakers +luxman cd just perfect but we couldnt recommend technichs when you clean your albums one drop of water & your 1200 may be send to litter

(YT link deleted by moderation as not relevant to topic.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts