Matching Arcam cd player for A19?

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone. Im quite interested in the arcam a19 for my next hifi but I am wondering whether Arcam plan on releasing a new cd player to match their new amp. A cd 19 perhaps? Can anyone shed light on whether this is in the pipeline?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if Arcam will produce a new cdp, they do not sell so many now.

Another to consider is the Marantz Pearl Lite which can be had for around £650, maybe less now its being replaced, try Richers for the latest price.

I have found Marantz and Arcam are a good mix, I prefer Marantz to Arcam on my demos.

As for amp. I would consider the Creek 50A which I thought was better than the Arcam and so does another Hifi mag. If you can hear Exposure I would give that a go as well.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Following on from the Creek 50A suggestion, I would humbly suggest an ex demo/2nd hand Creek Evo 2 CDP as an option. There is a nice one on Ebay at the moment for a Buy It Now price of £210 which to me is an absolute steal assuming its in good condition, which it appears to be.

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for all the reply guys.

Plastic penguin - I would definitely consider a cd17. I am very open to other brands. Just sold my full naim system so looking forward to exploring other brands.

Big H - Ive been considering the marantz pearl lite. I have owned a marantz arcam combo in the past and really enjoyed it so something i would definitely consider. I generally favour marantz over arcam. Im quite interested in the cd 6005 pm6005 combo. Have you heard them and what do you think?

Would definitely consider a creek amp. Not a brand ive owned but have heard they have a fast sound like naim but with arcam warmth. That would likely be up my street.

DIB - I remember reading a very positive review of the evo 2 in HFC many years ago just before i got my nait 5i. It was on the shortlist but never got aorund to hearing it. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. Lots to think about. Appreciated.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
malthus80 said:
Big H - Ive been considering the marantz pearl lite. I have owned a marantz arcam combo in the past and really enjoyed it so something i would definitely consider. I generally favour marantz over arcam. Im quite interested in the cd 6005 pm6005 combo. Have you heard them and what do you think?

No I have not heard the 6005, I was looking at a higher price range, I heard the Marantz Pearl Lite cd and amp, to be honest 6005 is a budget cd and amp and although there may not be much between the cdp I think you would be better off with a more expensive amp than the 6005.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts