Massive thanks to you guys

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

Just like to say thankyou for all the advice and guidance that all of you guys have given me lately, I know that i have been quite a pest hehe

As you may know i had been on a mission for a punchy, analog kinda sounding cd player, as ive been a cassette and vinyl monkey for way to long as ive never been able to get to grip with the cd sound, obviously ive always had a cd player at home and in the car but ive never used them for what i call 'proper pleasure listning'

Well my search is over chums, i purchased a Rega apollo on Thursday and all i can say is WOW ! ! , Im honestly stunned beyond belief, what an utterly amazing piece of kit.

I auditioned the Naim 5i, Rega apollo and the new budget Nad 315bee as my reference player, as i knew the sound of this player because my neighbour has one and it has quite abit of the silly digital harsh sound that i dont like.
So it semt a really logical idea to use it in my demo to compare.

All i can say is i was totally unsatisfied with the Naim 5i, it did have a really bold deep sound and had lots of bass which i admit was one of my top requirements but it just didnt have that Turntable sound which is my benchmark sound, the Rega seems to play music 95% like viynl its just amazing,

Now the little baby nad and the naim sounded like they were from the same manufacturer, the Nad semt like a baby Naim if you get my meaning, fair enough the naim 5i wasnt on the nads scale of harshness, its not going to be at 6 times the value, but it sounded like it was a nad 315bee that had been to the gym and got big muscles, just more of the same but with out the tinny harshness.

I love components with loads of attack but the naim had to much even for my liking, remember this is coming from someone who often listens to old skool hardcore and the like hehe, attack is my musics middle name and the Naim was to way to forceful for me,

The Rega just flows, theres enough of everything, just brilliant!!

Ps: i got some £80 rega couple interconnects free as i paid cash.....yay!!!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
A good result then I'm pleased to hear. If I had to choose a one brand system inc tt and speakers, Rega would be top of my list.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Rega Apollo is indeed a corking piece of kit - as our reigning CD player Product of the Year, it's going to take some beating....

Glad we could help and you've found the sound you're after!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"]A good result then I'm pleased to hear. If I had to choose a one brand system inc tt and speakers, Rega would be top of my list.[/quote]

Yep an excellent result, better than what i ever thought was achievable at the £600 price point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts