Marrantz pm6003 A + B = 16 Ohms??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had my Kef iq5se's bi wired to my Marrantz pm6003 using the A + B terminals for a while now, today had a move about and thought id single wire them to see if there is any difference, i noticed that in the manual it specifically states that connecting A OR B = 8 ohms whilst connecting A AND B = 16 ohms?

I have to say that the sound is a bit different since i have single wired the speaker maybe a little better, i did not expect this? as far as im aware using both terminals should have no baring on how the speakers perform over a bi wire connection? so whats with the 8ohm/16ohm? confused

Cheers

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
daveeeeee said:
I've had my Kef iq5se's bi wired to my Marrantz pm6003 using the A + B terminals for a while now, today had a move about and thought id single wire them to see if there is any difference, i noticed that in the manual it specifically states that connecting A OR B = 8 ohms whilst connecting A AND B = 16 ohms?

I have to say that the sound is a bit different since i have single wired the speaker maybe a little better, i did not expect this? as far as im aware using both terminals should have no baring on how the speakers perform over a bi wire connection? so whats with the 8ohm/16ohm? confused

Cheers

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The A+B rating for 16 ohms is when you have 2 pairs of speakers connected to the amp at the same time. ( connecting 2 pairs of speakers in parallel halves the impedance seen by the amp).

As you have only 1 pair of speakers dont worry you can use posts A or B or both.

little tip use the posts nearer to the pcb usually posts B.

A

Anonymous

jiggyjoe said:
The A+B rating for 16 ohms is when you have 2 pairs of speakers connected to the amp at the same time. ( connecting 2 pairs of speakers in parallel halves the impedance seen by the amp).

As you have only 1 pair of speakers dont worry you can use posts A or B or both.

little tip use the posts nearer to the pcb usually posts B.

can you please elaborate why you said to use posts B?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Bearing in mind that Marantz recommend using the A set for best sound quality. I'll give them a swap tomorrow and find out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts