Marantz UD9004 / SA-7S1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a new disc player my current preference is for a SACD/CD player hence the interest in the SA-7S1. Saying that the UD9004 would be nice with it's bluray capabilities but only if the SACD/CD playback is as good as the SA-7S1. From what I can gather though the SA-7S1 is about to come to the end of it's production life. Is the UD9004 it's replacement or can we expect something new from Marantz anytime soon? Anyone heard both players with SACD/CD playback? How do they compare?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There are no plans to replace the 9004 at this stage. It is a absolutely superb machine offering the finest bluray playback. CD playback is not quite at the SA7 level as you would expect but it is very close. Certainly to my ears it is outperforming the SA11 and the KI Pearl but with a slightly different presentation.

As an all in one machine it is a great option. The build quality is something else, it weighs more than most of the other home cinema range inclduing the power amps!

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:There are no plans to replace the 9004 at this stage.

Thanks for your input. I was thinking more about a replacement for the SA7 or is the UD9004 already it's replacement?

A

Anonymous

Cheers Rick, Do you know of any?

In what way do you feel it's better?

A

Anonymous

I am in a quandary myself, wondering if I should trade-in my Marantz SA-KI Pearl SACD/CD Player and Sony BDP-S5000ES Blu-ray Disc Player and purchase a Marantz UD9004.

I am aware that the UD9004 shares some audio innards as Marantz's flag-ship SA-7s1 SACD/CD Player. However, I am aware that the audio performance of the UD9004 wouldn't be quite at the level as the SA7-s1 but I would imagine that it would be at least at the same sort of level as the SA-KI Pearl.

If it sounds better than the SA-KI Pearl for 2-channel CD and SACD, and its video performance and audio performance for Blu-ray Discs and standard-definition DVD's are better than my Sony BDP-S5000ES (should be a given, really), then I shall certainly fork out the readies for a UD9004.

Dan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts