Marantz SR6004

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I get good results, to my ears, with a Marantz SR6001 and Tannoy speakers.

I like to think the warmer sound of the Marantz compliments the precision of the Tannoys.

A

Anonymous

I've been debating which receiver to upgrade to for a while now and really appreciate your input. How does the Marantz compare to the Yamaha amps, in terms sound (quality and tonally)? I've been looking at the Yamaha 3900 and the new Yamaha 2065, I know they are both more expensive amps than the Marantz, but I need an amp with 2 HDMI outputs. Will I be missing out on any features if I opt for the Marantz?

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul,

I have not auditioned the Yamaha's but I have compared the Denon to the Marantz running via Monitor Audio speakers. To me, the Marantz sounded much warmer and detailed when it came to music but in a surround sound demo the Denon felt more exciting.

Things you should know..

- The marantz has no network capability

- The marantz doesnt seem to be able to handle audysee and HD audio decoding at the same time. But if your BD player can handle this then its not really a issue.

Im probably going to choose the Marantz.. but im awful when it comes to these decisions.. been hunting for a good AV amp for ages now!.. but i really preferred the sound of the Marantz.. sounded really good to me.

A

Anonymous

I don't think I'll need network capability. Is network capability just for streaming music from a PC, if so I don't need it as I'll be connecting my HTPC and PS3 to it via HDMI and my arcam fmj dvd player and cable box via component.

Is it possible to get firmware updates for the Marantz?

For the time being I just intend to use my PS3 for bluray, in which case I assume I wont be able to run audysee and HD audio at the same time on the Marantz. Will this be a big problem? I'm not intending to buy a dedicated bluray player for a while

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
The PS3 can decode the HD audio to LPCM to send to the Marantz, which I believe should mean that the audyssey can be applied.

I've been really pleased with the Marantz for films and music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts