Marantz SR6004 upgrade -Dealer Help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I NEED TO DECIDER CAN ANY DEALERS HELP

I Have recently bought a Pioneer VSX920 (mainly for its iphone connection), and although at normal levels, i.e. when my wife or kids are watching it sounds excellent.

However, when they are out of the house and I push it hard, it looses a little grip and sounds a little harsh, especially with vocals.

I assume I notice this is because in the past I have had an Onkyo 876 and a Pioneer LX50,

I have seen the Marantz SR6004 for some good prices, it has a bluetooth connector included and the asthetics are good.

Does anyone know if this change would be an decent upgrade or a side step, as on paper the power ratings are similar?

Due to work commitments auditioning is virtually impossible.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I've got an SR6004 and have been using it for more than a year now and I can say this amp is really good and ticks all the boxes. It has full ipod connectivity and the usb/bluetooth are very handy indeed. It is quite musical as well.

I haven't heard the pioneer so can't comment on it but this marantz is a class act and I prefer it to some yamahas and denons.Have a listen and let your ears decide.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I have demod the 920, and based on having owned an SR6001 for a few years, and I feel my old SR6001 was much better. Given the expected increase in the SR6004 over that, then it shoudl definitely be an upgrade.

Assuming you like the Marantz / Denon type sound, I'd go for it.

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:Hi, just wondering what led you tink about the Marantz in the first place? Why not consider a move up the Pioneer chain, maybe the SCLX72?

Well mainly due to the price and I have heard they are more musical, The SR6004 inc. a bluetooth receiver can be had for less than £600, the LX52 is £600, and the LX72 £849.99.

As the SR6004 was much more expensive originally, but has all the features I require, I thought it would be a good option, as circa £550-600 is my budget

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:......but not a patch on the Pioneer SCLX72

Yeah I appreciate that, but I thought it would be a step in the right direction, I will probably upgrade to a 73 or 83 next year, but I have just bought an expensive new car so the budget is now tight with Christmas coming soon also.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your input, It would be nice to hear if one of the dealers who are part of the forum, if they think this would be an upgrade.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'd be interested too. I have been debating for a while now whether I should swap my NR1501 for a SR6004 (or even SR6003), mainly as it gives more power and better control ?
Whilst the sound is of top priority don't think anything challenges Marantz for looks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts