Marantz SR4003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I hope I'm doing the right thing posting my first forum question here, since I'm new on the What Hifi Forum.

I'm about to purchase a new home cinema system, just sold my old stuff, and I'm reading as much as possible on the subject of Multichannel Receivers. As I was going I came across a store in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch) where they had a Marantz SR4003 for sale. Now a was really curious because I cold buy it for a really nice price, I could nt find anything on the Marantz site about this piece of gear.

So my question is: Is there someone who know something about this Receiver? For example does it decode the new HD 7.1 audio formats?

Greeting to all of you.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Specs: 7 x 80 watt at 8 ohms (0,08% THD), 2 x HDMI in, 1 x out (version 1.1, accepts 7.1 LPCM but doesn't have the new HD decoders on board). More specs: Digital Optical in: 2 (1 out), Digital Coaxial in: 2.

If you want a Marantz receiver with the new HD decoders on board, then you'll need to wait for the 5003. If you have a Blu-ray player with HD decoders on board then you can buy the 4003 and let the player do the decoding and out put the sound as uncompressed PCM. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, just shoot.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It was really helpfull.

I have another question itïs not directly related to the marantz, but could it be that you are also from Holland and if so, could you be a Frisian? Iïm asking this because I know an Jan Hibma from the early days from school.

Another question where did you get this info about the marantz?

A

Anonymous

This is creepy, I'm indeed Dutch, and am indeed Frisian. Who might you be, did you also go to the AMS in Franeker?

About the info, it was acquired from the new Marantz catalog, which I received at the Marantz dealershow a week ago.

A

Anonymous

I have been listening to some Marantz amps and I think they sound really good. They would be even more cool if the entry level amps would decode Dolby True HD en DTS MA. So that's what I was looking for in the 4003.

A

Anonymous

Well, I found some additional information myself for the ones who are also interested in Marantz, Ill post it here:

http://us.marantz.com/Products/2513.asp

Now there is one thing I don't really get. They claim that de SR4003 has HDMI v1.3a Switching/ v1.1 Repeating: 3-In/1-Out.

Does this mean that it downgrades the fed HDMI v1.3a signal?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts