Marantz PM7005

MWSAH

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with the Marantz PM7005 stereo amp? I saw a good deal with the PM7005 combined with the NA6005 streamer. But there aren't much reviews of the PM7005. The specs are quite good, but since I don't have a dealer naerby for an audition, I'm in some doubt.

MWSAH

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
How much do you intend spending and which speakers do you have?

Budget is around 1000 euros for amp/streamer. Speakers will be the Wharfedale Diamond 240 or Dali Zensor 7. Anyway, was thinking about the NAD D3020 and the NAD D7050, but I think both of them will have a lack of power to drive the floorstanders. Therefore, I came across the Marantz in a package deal with the NA6500.

bebelacus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
A good friend of mine has the PM7005 driiving Dali Zensor3. It sounds absolutely fantastic, sweet, powerful. The built in dac is very good, tried on various combinations, using a laptop, an old 50 pounds cheap cd player connected via optical. Every time the little Marantz was up to the job. He didnt bother buying a streamer. He is using an old laptop, boot it in Linux and something called Daphile. Laptop is connected also to his home network via cable and connected to Marantz via USB. The laptop acts like a server. He is now streaming music using his IPad. And it sounds great. I highly recommend it. Not that i am a hifi guru but i have listened to many setups. And this one was really, really good and fun to listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts