Marantz PM6010OSE buzzing power supply

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently got a Marantz PM6010OSE of ebay, the amp itself is in perfect condition but ive noticed a bit of a buzz not a loud one, coming from the power supply luckily it doesn't come though the speakers.

So wondering is this normal for this kind of amp or could there be something wrong with it or something about to happen to it.

I have an old Marantz PM34 that doesn't have this problem if it is a problem that is.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Given that it's a mechanical buzz, could just be a transformer mounting bolt that's loose. Unplug the amp, turn it over and tighten up any screws/bolts you can see from below. If that doesn't cure it, it might be a service job.

Or very dirty mains, but I'm not getting started on that one...

A

Anonymous

I give it a try thou i doudt it dirty mains as my old PM34 doesn't suffer from this problem

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Its a problem associated more with torroidal rather than frame transformers and it can be worse the bigger the thing. I/ve had a Nad years ago with the same problem, changed it twice and it still 'hummed'. I've had enough but wanted to keep it as I liked the amp itself so I removed the torroid then put it back with a rubber grommet between the fixing and it never made rude noises again.

Of course, dont try this at home. If you do and die in the process, I will not accept responsibility.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts