Marantz PM6005

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
lazar1980 said:
muljao said:
Told myself I didn't need an upgrade, but Superfi had an open box one of these for 195 pounds so I bought it :)

How do you compare marantz and ma?

I prefer the sound from the Marantz and the Cambridge Audio speakers than the MA and the q acoustics, but that could be down to the set up. I have the Cambridge Audio speakers on good stands and at a good listening level in a smaller room. The q acoustics are on shelf brackets approx 6 and a half foot in the air slightly pivoted down, the room is half kitchen half living room so a good bit bigger. The positioning is a is a compromise I had to make to allow a hifi in a very active family room

lazar1980

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
muljao said:
lazar1980 said:
muljao said:
Told myself I didn't need an upgrade, but Superfi had an open box one of these for 195 pounds so I bought it :)

How do you compare marantz and ma?

I prefer the sound from the Marantz and the Cambridge Audio speakers than the MA and the q acoustics, but that could be down to the set up. I have the Cambridge Audio speakers on good stands and at a good listening level in a smaller room. The q acoustics are on shelf brackets approx 6 and a half foot in the air slightly pivoted down, the room is half kitchen half living room so a good bit bigger. The positioning is a is a compromise I had to make to allow a hifi in a very active family room

If you every get a chance to swap amps around for a compare please let me know.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Sorry I wont be swapping amps, both fit respectively in place now. To help your decision the difference between them is not much. If the marantz is better, it is by a very small amount. Put like this, I had a marantz pm4200 in my main room and loved it. When I bought the MA I put it in my second room and thought it had a better performance than my old marantz. I like it so much I tried to buy a second MA but they have become rare, so I bought an open box marantz, which is a good improvement over the old one and I think slightly better than the MA.

I would say that in this price range they are both excellent examples of what "not crazy" money can buy. The DNLA streaming ability of the MA is a fab addition, though I knew I was getting a straeming box for spotify anyway so it wasn't as critical when I bought the marantz

lazar1980

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
muljao said:
Sorry I wont be swapping amps, both fit respectively in place now. To help your decision the difference between them is not much. If the marantz is better, it is by a very small amount. Put like this, I had a marantz pm4200 in my main room and loved it. When I bought the MA I put it in my second room and thought it had a better performance than my old marantz. I like it so much I tried to buy a second MA but they have become rare, so I bought an open box marantz, which is a good improvement over the old one and I think slightly better than the MA.

I would say that in this price range they are both excellent examples of what "not crazy" money can buy. The DNLA streaming ability of the MA is a fab addition, though I knew I was getting a straeming box for spotify anyway so it wasn't as critical when I bought the marantz

Makes sense, thanks for your time.

TRENDING THREADS