Marantz PM6004 Guidance.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just seeking some professional advice on the Marantz PM6004. I am just curious to find out about the quality of the amps headphone output. I feel the amp will be perfectly suited to my Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's but I also need something to drive my AT-ESW9's for isolated listening instead of having to spend an extra $200 on a dedicated headphone amp. Also, with monetary concerns in mind, how would anyone feel the difference between the 5004 and the 6004 will be for driving my 10.1's? Considering a phone input is a priority?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the information about the headphone output, hardly any reviews mention the quality of such. I actually live in Australia, one of the negatives of which is proposterously over-priced HI-FI gear from the retail stores nullifying me to buy through the Internet such as Amazon. I checked the Amazon UK site and their offering the PM5004 for around 172 pounds (excl. shipping) which sounds fantastic. The UK store and all affiliated sellers are apparently not even selling the 6004 any more (probaly due to stock limitations) but the US Amazon store has it for US$500 which is around twice the price given the current exchange rates. As I am not going spend over 225 pounds, what are the specific upgrades from the 5004 till the 6004, and will I notice them with only entry level speakers in my Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the information about the headphone output, hardly any reviews mention the quality of such. I actually live in Australia, one of the negatives of which is proposterously over-priced HI-FI gear from the retail stores nullifying me to buy through the Internet such as Amazon. I checked the Amazon UK site and their offering the PM5004 for around 172 pounds (excl. shipping) which sounds fantastic. The UK store and all affiliated sellers are apparently not even selling the 6004 any more (probaly due to stock limitations) but the US Amazon store has it for US$500 which is around twice the price given the current exchange rates. As I am not going spend over 225 pounds, what are the specific upgrades from the 5004 till the 6004, and will I notice them with only entry level speakers in my Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's.

On the cost aspect, I am sure quite a few UK retailers would quote you for shipping to Australia. No need to go the Amazon route, good though they are for other things.

I cannot suggested any firms directly as I have no experience of that aspect of their service, but if you have a copy of the magazine (or, gasp, even another Bristish mag) you will see advertisers who mention VAT free export.

A

Anonymous

Yeah definitely, I was just using Amazon as a general price guide given their expected incompeteness should any issue ever arise in the future. I actually imported my Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's from a British HIFI store under the name AV Bristol, for about $AUD340 incl. shipping, an unbelievable deal considering they retail for $599 here. Are they generally good? Or can you recommend a list of stores as I do not own any magazine who export without VAT?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your endorsement of the 6004 but I think I have to go for the 5004 due to the costs equating to around AUD$550-600 which puts my amp $200 above the value of my speakers. I'm not too great an audiophile, like I just have my speakers on my desk not on stands and don't tend to be overly fussy over pristine sound. To the not overly skeptical ear, I am guessing their is not a great deal of difference between the two models hey?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The price you guys have to pay for stuff over there is enough to make our eyes water, til you realise that your country's average salary is over $60,000 and ours is less than £30,000. With that in mind, the prices look more realistic.

A

Anonymous

You haven't accounted for the exchange rate and highly reduced cost of living. I am a student by the way hey which makes purchases such as this far from common.

TRENDING THREADS