Marantz PM6004 and Marantz CD-63 KI signature - the perfect match?

stefanom

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I am thinking of upgrading my amp to PM6004. My CD player is CD-63 KI Sign. Any comments on how these two pair, sound wise? Hifi is so damn expensive here in Iceland. I want to be sure they are a good match before I buy.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Warm & Smooth - if thats how you like your presentaion then they will go very nicely together and the 63 KI-Sig is a damn fine CDP even today!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't say about the PM6004 but your CD player's perfect match is the PM66 KI made during the same period. They were made for each other. Quite literally, probably. They're usualy cheap(ish) to buy these days, even though brand new they cost as much as the CD player. In the UK they're much cheaper second hand than a new PM6004. Worth looking for one maybe?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just checked with Google...Iceland uses 230V 50Hz just ike the UK, so he could buy a PM66KI from over here, have it shipped over, and only need to hack the plug. Not sure if Iceland has any strange polices regarding importing used electrical goods, probably not seeing that it's part of the EU internal market. There's only a tatty SE on our eBay at the moment, but it's just a matter of time; there's often several KIs on at once.

TRENDING THREADS