Marantz NR1200 Yamaha RN602 Onkyo TX8250

B40RVR

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
My current system comprises a Creek 4040 amp, Linn Axis, Rotel CD player Onkyo music streamer and Q acoustics 3020I speakers.
I'm looking to condense my system and also make it more user friendly for my kids who stream music. I'm looking to condense the Creek amp and Onkyo to the Marantz, Yamaho or Onkyo. I'm open to other options and can push the budget a bit more. I was leaning towards the Marantz but was advised it does not complement my speakers that well. I know I could do with auditioning but current crisis does not lend to that.
I can also go to a streamer/amp without phono input if required and can add seperate phono stage but not prefered. Any advice appreciated.

Are you otherwise happy with the system? If so, Richers etc sell Bluetooth adaptors with phono outs - I got one as a present and it allows my kids to stage a musical coup every now and again. Would be cheaper and less disruptive if you are otherwise content.

B40RVR

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the replies/advice.
I like the look of the Naim, does it require a phono stage, I have looked at it and it has an analogue in and I can connect my CD player with one of the digital inputs. I know it would be pricey and possibly out of my league but have Naim superseded it ?

Im not over keen on getting rid of my creek
And would keep it for a secondary system. I welcome the comments on its comparison on the amps I was considering. I was looking for one unit with a remote making the music to kill when the wife moans 🙄 I have to use the CD input for the NS and aux input for the CD player, I do get a background hum when no music is playing.

rainsoothe

Thanks for the replies/advice.
I like the look of the Naim, does it require a phono stage, I have looked at it and it has an analogue in and I can connect my CD player with one of the digital inputs. I know it would be pricey and possibly out of my league but have Naim superseded it ?

Im not over keen on getting rid of my creek
And would keep it for a secondary system. I welcome the comments on its comparison on the amps I was considering. I was looking for one unit with a remote making the music to kill when the wife moans 🙄 I have to use the CD input for the NS and aux input for the CD player, I do get a background hum when no music is playing.
Yes, it does require an external phonostage. And yes, Naim Atom is the current replacement - at around 2k pounds. But don't be fooled, the UQ2 is still a stellar piece of equipment, and I think you can find one for around 800-900 pounds on the sh market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts