Marantz Model 40n is a modern integrated amplifier with streaming smarts

Is Hi-Res really going to sound much different on this when compared to my 25 year old Arcam7 ? I'd love to invest if there is a good reason. Thanks
I don’t think any 25 year old anything - especially an Arcam - has any streaming capability. But if you’re asking about the amplifier side, that rather depends on which Arcam and which separate streamer you use. The Marantz is an all in one.

I’m not sure it’s correct to call the 40n a sucessor to the 30, is it? For a start, the 30 is significantly more powerful and class D, while the streaming comes from the partnering streamer cum SACD player, the 30n.

Last edited:

MR GARY

Mar 8, 2022
Visit site
I currently have the Marantz 7000n and wondered if the 40n is really worth over twice the price - would it really be that much of an upgrade?

Alonso

Mar 28, 2022
Visit site
Hi to the WhatHiFi comunity. I liked so much the review from the New marantz 40n. I wanted to now if it d be a good match with my kef ls50 meta which are a little difficult to drive in terms of power, since they are los sensitive speakers at 85db.

pete444

May 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi to the WhatHiFi comunity. I liked so much the review from the New marantz 40n. I wanted to now if it d be a good match with my kef ls50 meta which are a little difficult to drive in terms of power, since they are los sensitive speakers at 85db.

I have exactly the system you are asking (Kef50 Meta + KC 62 + model 40n).

I do not have other Intergrated amp to compare with, but I think this set up sounds very nice. If you like warm sound you can't go wrong with model 40n.

One thing if you are using streaming services make sure they are in HEOS system. I used Tidal via Airplay 2 and HEOS, its quite obvious difference HEOS built in is much better.

Hope you find this helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts