• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Marantz MCR603 paired with B&W CM5?

Viao-2008

New member
May 11, 2013
3
0
0
Hi does anyone have this set up or do you think the Marantz- MCR603 with B&W CM5 won't be a good mix?

Thanks guys
 

ID.

New member
Feb 22, 2010
207
0
0
I've heard the pairing with the CM1s on numerous occasions and have been impressed every time. I couldn't, however, accurately guess how that would translate across to the CM5s.

I suspect it would be quite good, but would not be getting the best from the speakers. I certainly wouldn't spend that much without listening to the pairing first.
 

Viao-2008

New member
May 11, 2013
3
0
0
Thanks for your replys. What do you think would be a good amp to pair with them to get the most out of the speaker? the most i can spend would be £1200 and the amp would have to have a usb, bluetooth to connet my iphone
 

BigH

New member
Dec 29, 2012
97
0
0
Viao-2008 said:
Thanks for your replys. What do you think would be a good amp to pair with them to get the most out of the speaker? the most i can spend would be £1200 and the amp would have to have a usb, bluetooth to connet my iphone
I think you can get something like the Behringer 202 to connect your iphone, so you don't need to have usb on the amp? Would you not be using a DAC as well?
 

ID.

New member
Feb 22, 2010
207
0
0
Rotel traditionally works well with B&W and this amp could be just what you are looking for

http://www.whathifi.com/news/rotel-boosts-15-series-hi-fi-range-with-new-cd-player-and-stereo-amp

As it's new, nobody would have heard the combination.
 

manicm

Well-known member
May 1, 2008
598
67
18,970
WHF didn't give the CM5 much cop. I think the 685 will be better value and more flexible too, if you're looking that way. Otherwise there are other speakers on Earth you know...
 

plastic penguin

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
1,636
83
19,770
manicm said:
WHF didn't give the CM5 much cop. I think the 685 will be better value and more flexible too, if you're looking that way. Otherwise there are other speakers on Earth you know...
Yes, but if the OP like the look...

Is there huge significance in WHFI giving them 3 stars? Isn't it more about system synergy?
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,232
4
19,195
plastic penguin said:
manicm said:
WHF didn't give the CM5 much cop. I think the 685 will be better value and more flexible too, if you're looking that way. Otherwise there are other speakers on Earth you know...
Yes, but if the OP like the look...

Is there huge significance in WHFI giving them 3 stars? Isn't it more about system synergy?
4 stars actually.
 

plastic penguin

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
1,636
83
19,770
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
manicm said:
WHF didn't give the CM5 much cop. I think the 685 will be better value and more flexible too, if you're looking that way. Otherwise there are other speakers on Earth you know...
Yes, but if the OP like the look...

Is there huge significance in WHFI giving them 3 stars? Isn't it more about system synergy?
4 stars actually.
Just proves you can't always trust what's written. If you look in the April 2013 edition the CM5s are in a Group Test with LS50s, Audiovector K1 Super, Mission SX2, Opera Mezza and Tannoy Precision 6.1. The CM5s have been reduced to 3 stars.
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,232
4
19,195
plastic penguin said:
If you look in the April 2013 edition the CM5s are in a Group Test with LS50s, Audiovector K1 Super, Mission SX2, Opera Mezza and Tannoy Precision 6.1. The CM5s have been reduced to 3 stars.
Ah, ok thanks. Yeah they must be c##p then.
 

Jame5

New member
Jun 10, 2010
18
0
0
Yes, good firewood though.

I remember seeing a thorough review of the cm5s with testing (not just listening test) that rated them as top notch. That was a couple of years ago though. Do you have an open fire?
 

manicm

Well-known member
May 1, 2008
598
67
18,970
The CM5 could find a good home in some system I'm sure, but take a look at that price. You've really got to be Lady Gaga over the looks to overlook other speakers.

BTW I haven't heard them but I have heard the CM1s - and thought they could have done with a bit more clarity.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts