Marantz mcr603 or Denon ceol or Denon dm38

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy one of the above systems for my living.Most of my music collections are CD or Flac,

so could you guys let me know which if the abive system supports flac via USB or CD ,

also could you please suggest nice speakers.

Thanks

Sriram

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
M-CR603 ... features and specs...

http://marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Systems&ProductId=MCR603MelodyMedia

...(click on 'Specifications).

Same goes for the Denon Ceol...

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=AirPlayproducts&SubId=NetworkMusicSystems&ProductId=CEOL

...(click on 'Detailed specifications' then 'Supported formats'.)

Speakers (for M-CR603)...

Boston Acoustics A26

Monitor Audio BX2 (or even MA RX1s)

Castle Knight 2

Dali Zensor 1

PMC DB1i (if you really want to push the boat out)

A

Anonymous

I paired my MCR603 with Focal 706v speakers.

They look and sound fantastic! Not too fussy about positioning.

A

Anonymous

I,ve just purchased the Ceol N8 together with a pair of Bowers&Wilkins 685. The sound is fantastic. Had a problem with the N8, the CD draw refused to open. Returned it to the shop and swapped for another N8. That works fine. I considered the Marantz aswell, think it looks better, but the Denon had more features, Spotify for example. I,m technically ******** so streaming, airplay, spotify are all new to me. The set up however was smooth and easy. I control the unit via the Denon app on my Samsung S2. There are so many features and possibilities to listen to music. I've only had the unit for a couple of days, but i'm very impressed. You won't find a better pair of speakers in the same price range than the B&W.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I went from a mono bloc system costing all in all 3k and im far happier with my marantz cr 603 and bw cm1 speakers . id recmmend anyone audition one before spending a fortune

A

Anonymous

Another CR603 vote here

Had mine running with Neat Motive 2's, B&W CM5's and now Monitor Audio RX2's but heard one with KEF R300's, PMC GB1i's and more recently Monitor Audio PL100's and they all sounded absolutely superb!

Yes the PL100's deserve better amplification BUT the CR603 didnt struggle with them at normal volumes; like the KEF R300s they just sang with ease!

Shows you how capable the CR603 is!

Denon DM38 is ok; great little system in fact but no where near the level of the CR603

CEOL I've only heard as its been playing in the shop with B&W 685's and Monitor Audio RX1's; sounded great but couldnt give a proper review as it was 'passing by' listening

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts