Marantz MCR603 and Monitor Audio BX5 - ¿Good Matching?

crinostroza

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello guysI write from chile, I've been reading the forum, and there is a lot of information for those who like HIFI ......I hope you can help me with the following question:I have a MA BX5 speakers, and I want to buy the receiver Marantz MCR603, do you think that will be a good matching? Does it have enough power?thanksGreetings from chile

T

the record spot

Buenos dias!

The Marantz clocks in at around 60wpc, and, assuming you don't want to drive your speakers hard, would be fine from that point of view.

How it would sound is another matter. Are you able to try it out at home first or can you return to your dealer if it doesn't suit? Most people appear happy with their 603, so the signs are encouraging. What are your alternatives?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I know of at least one person on these forums using BX5 with the Marantz and he seems happy with the sound.

crinostroza

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your answers!

Here in Chile, I have four options (are so much more expensive than USA):

1.-Marantz MCR603, (800 USD)

2.-Yamaha RS500 (650 USD)

3.-Harman Kardon 3490 (650 USD)

4.-Onkyo TX8050 (600 USD)

Which of these, you believe may be a good matching?

Thank you!

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The Marantz is the only one with a CD player, if that is of any significance.

I think any of the others would work, but it would probably be best for you to try and listen to them yourself to see if you prefer the sound, features/functions of one over the others. I'd be leaning towords the Onkyo myself, but wouldn't buy without listening first.

crinostroza

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
... but, I have read comments about the bright sound of the onkyo receiver ... and BX5 speakers are bright to .... ¿What do you think of this matching?

PS: where I live, I have no chance to hear the receiver..... :cry:

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
higher up the price ranges the smoothness of marantz amps compliments the slight forwardness of ma's. i have always found any combo listenable as long as the amps can drive them well enough. deffo no no for the yamaha, its forward presentation will be too much unless you like that sort of thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts