Marantz MCR511 or Denon CEOL Piccolo N4

Bigman23

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi There,

First of all, sorry about my English, but i will try to do my best! :)

I would like to buy a Network Music System and I have many doubts about which one is better... the Marantz MCR 511 or Denon CEOL Piccolo N4.

As I saw in this amazing site, both are very well rated and have similar features, however I would like to know which is better in term of sound quality.

Denon have 40W + 40W (4 ohms, 1 kHz) and Marantz 60W + 60W (6 ohms, 1 kHz)....

Denon costs less 100€ than Marantz.... so thats a huge difference....

I have the same doubts about which speakers should I buy for the best price/sound quality.

Thanks, and I hope to read your suggestions real soon! :)

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't give you a definitive answer but as no-one else has replied I'll give you an opinion. I have the MCR611 which as far as I know is the same as the 511 with a CD drawer. I'm delighted with the sound and the network functionality (I've had previous generations of Marantz streamer and they weren't as good). My view is the Marantz would be worth the extra spend but really the only way for you to decide is to try them both yourself.

Bigman23

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for share you opinior Splasher.

And what about speakers... what your opinion about the best quality sound/price relation?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If I were buying my first 'all-in-one' now, and needed to watch the budget carefully, then I would try to hear the Yamaha R-N500 ...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/yamaha/rn500/yama-rn500-blk

I liked my Marantz M-CR603 and it was trouble free for well over four years. However, most of what I see mentioned about it's successors tends to be complaints.

Oh and you won't get 60 watts per channel from the Marantz. Treat it as if it were a 45 watts per channel device. Marantz exaggerate.

Bigman23

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Tkanks chebby!

I didn't know about Yamaha R-N500 and it's also a possibility, however it costs 200€ more than Marantz and Denon and doesnt have WIFI or Bluetooth... but it is also that I'll really keep in mind...

What about speakers with good relation price/quality.

Bigman23

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi!!!

Meanwhile I also saw the Pioneer N-50A (http://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/n-50a/review) and it seams also great (however it gets no WIFI or Bluetooth either)... I'm getting confused... EHEHEHEH...

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
If I were buying my first 'all-in-one' now, and needed to watch the budget carefully, then I would try to hear the Yamaha R-N500 ...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/yamaha/rn500/yama-rn500-blk

I liked my Marantz M-CR603 and it was trouble free for well over four years. However, most of what I see mentioned about it's successors tends to be complaints.

Oh and you won't get 60 watts per channel from the Marantz. Treat it as if it were a 45 watts per channel device. Marantz exaggerate.

I had an MCR510 it was excellent...agree with the 45 watts comment but to be fair it's ample for such a small box

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Denon Ceol N8, similar to the piccolo but with cd player and am very happy with it, don't believe there is much difference in sound quality between the Denon or Marantz, only a very slight marginal difference perhaps

As the piccolo is much cheaper I would definetely give it a try, think you may be very impressed with the sound quality, I also use the Dali Zensor 1 speakers, you should find a package with these speakers as detailed in this link below

http://www.weybridge-audio.co.uk/denon-ceol-piccolo-n4-with-dali-zensor-1-speakers.html?gclid=CKaTxJDP_8oCFW8o0wodbnAGbA

Cost £349

Again definetely worth an audition *smile*

Bigman23

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Snooker,

Tkanks for share your opinion.

I really like those Dali Zensor 1 and im sure it will work beautifuly with any of the systems, however I cant find a local dealer that sell them (I prefer to buy in a local store than by online).

What about QAcoustics 3020???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts