Marantz M-CR610 with Dali Zensor 7, any good?

mikvandorp

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My first post here.

I'm looking to get a Marantz M-CR610 unit because of it's functionalities, I would like to combine it with Dali Zensor 7 speakers because I like the looks of those standing next to my Loewe Connect television.

I'm replacing a Bose Lifestyle5 5.1 surround set which I think is filling the room it is in pretty nicely (let's not discuss the sound quality here), the room it's in is about 35 square meters.

Do you think:

1. The M-CR610 can drive the Zensor 7's?

2. The Zensor 7's are fitting my situation?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I would personally buy something with a bit more power for a room of those dimensions and fairly large speakers.

I am guessing from your choice of floorstanders that you want the deeper bass and room filling volume.

My own speakers are rated similarly (89dB @ 6 Ohms) but my room is slightly smaller and I listen across the the width of it and I have never wanted loud volume levels nor care about deep bass.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You could always go for the Marantz 610 and add a power amp if you feel you want more power. There are audio out connectors on the box. Something like the Yamaha RN500 has more power on paper but has no CD player - similar price though. It will be hard to find more power in a one box solution with all the features.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Blackdawn said:
You could always go for the Marantz 610 and add a power amp if you feel you want more power. There are audio out connectors on the box.

Don't do that. The audio ouputs are fixed level and not volume controlled.

If you plug them into a power amp it will be at maximum volume only!

You can plug the fixed level outputs from the Marantz into an integrated amp (as a source) but NOT a power amp.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
Blackdawn said:
You could always go for the Marantz 610 and add a power amp if you feel you want more power. There are audio out connectors on the box.

Don't do that. The audio ouputs are fixed level and not volume controlled.

If you plug them into a power amp it will be at maximum volume only!

You can plug the fixed level outputs from the Marantz into an integrated amp (as a source) but NOT a power amp.

sorry my mistake - be great if it had pre-outs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts