Marantz M-CR603 speaker question..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, i am about to buy the Marantz and was wondering if it was powerful enough to power the Dynaudio DM2/6 speakers. If not i would appreciate some suggestions in the same price range thanks.

A

Anonymous

Yes the Marantz would be powerful enough to drive the Dyn's (IIRC you can bi-amp with this Marantz).

I've heard the Marantz though with the Monitor Audio BX2's, QUAD 12L2's and the Q Acoustic 2020's and IMO they'd be more suitable speakers

The Synaudio's are superb speakers and I really do feel they'd deserve better amplification

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
hifilover1979:(IIRC you can bi-amp with this Marantz).

Although you can't with the Dynaudios.

Oh yeah... Doh!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, so the speakers are too good for it then
emotion-6.gif

Think i'll give the BX2's a listen.

A

Anonymous

I demo'd the CR603 with MA RX1 and B&W 685 speakers. The RX1s were OK, but missing a bit of clarity. The 685s were an excellent match.

A

Anonymous

RJT:I demo'd the CR603 with MA RX1 and B&W 685 speakers. The RX1s were OK, but missing a bit of clarity. The 685s were an excellent match.

Sounds like the M/A RX1's werent run in then; that's exactly their sound when theyre still new.

If you'd have listened to a pair that had been well used you'd of heard a massive difference!

branon

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Since this for thread is about pairing the Marantz, how do you think it would work for a pair of Vienna Acoustics Grand Bachs (4ohm, 89db) in a room that 6 meter x 6 meters x 3 meters.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

In a word, don't. For amplification look at Naim Nait 5i or above, otherwise you're wasting the speakers and money.

The Exposure 3010S2 would also be a good thought.

TwoKad

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I have been mining all the chats on The Marantz M-CR603. Thanks for all the various views.

In short I am about to buy the unit and but an totally confused as to what speakers to get.

I have focused in on Monitor Audio BX1 or BX2 or RX1 ??? May have to look at wall mounting . This is another dilemma..should I be considering a sub and go with the BX1 or RX1 (because of size RX is bigger I know).

This is my first ever forum (be gentle)

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
TwoKad said:
Hello All,

I have been mining all the chats on The Marantz M-CR603. Thanks for all the various views.

In short I am about to buy the unit and but an totally confused as to what speakers to get.

I have focused in on Monitor Audio BX1 or BX2 or RX1 ??? May have to look at wall mounting . This is another dilemma..should I be considering a sub and go with the BX1 or RX1 (because of size RX is bigger I know).

This is my first ever forum (be gentle)

If you are considering wall mounting,just be careful with the RX1 and 2 because they are rear ported.

TwoKad

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...I have had a look at the RX2, good alternative consideration, more head scratching.

I do like the idea of not having a sub.

But at 9.5 kg each, wall mounting the RX2 may not be feasible and I would think not optimal for the bigger speaker performance (don't know if there are rules for wall mounting speakers).

Cheers any ideas most welcome, I am happy with my M-CR603 choice after all my research, but the speaker selection is driving me to drink.

Helix

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I've tried listening a few different pairs of speakers with the Marantz.

To my ears, MA BX2's matched the CD receiver best.

Try to follow what WHF says if you match BX2's with the Marantz, don't bi-amp them.

BX2's sound better when single-wired.

TwoKad

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just noted comments on wall mounting speakers with rear port speakers.

Should I look at non-rear ported speaker for wall mounting and a Sub.. Any ideas on a compromise/solution?

audiogm

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has any thoughts about matching the Marantz with a pair of Klipsch B-20 (8 ohm, 92.5dB), I'd be very interested. I don't have a way of auditioning that setup where I am.

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/b-20-overview/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts