Marantz M-CR603 (Melody Media) + Monitor Audio BX2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm planning to buy the new Marantz M-CR603 and, based on the review I read on What Hi-Fi, I'm thinking of partnering it with the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers.

Do you think this is a good choice?

Thank you.

Michelangelo

A

Anonymous

Can somebody of What Hi-Fi's staff help?

Please let me know if this is a good package, and feel free to provide info about alternative speakers.

Thanks for your help.

M.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sorry for late reply: most of the staff having well-earned festive break, and I am 6500 miles away doing likewise.

Yes, the BX2s will work well with the M-CR603: as I have noted in a Gramophone review which is either out now or out soon - lost track of issues - the Marantz system is capable of driving extremely good speakers very well, so will have no problems, either electrically or tonally, with the Monitor Audios.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. That's good news, as I really like the BX2s.By the way, could you please provide me with some good alternatives to them? (I'm not excluding the floorstanding option too, although the price will go up a little bit).

I've seen the M-CR603 allows a bi-amp connection to a single pair of speakers. I'm not really experienced with that. Could you please suggests some good cables?

Thanks for your time and enjoy your holidays!

A

Anonymous

Andrew, I'm planning to place an order on Monday. Hope you will be able to get back to me by then.

Thank you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the bumpage.

As I said before, both here and on other threads, the M-CR603 is capable of driving some fairly serious speakers: others I'd consider would be the Tannoy Mercury V1s, B&W 685s, or even the PMC DB1is.

Floorstanders? Well, the floorstanding equivalents of the models I've already suggested would be a good starting point.

Cables? I'd go for something like Chord Carnival Classic.

A

Anonymous

Excuse me, but this amplifier gives a non agressive sound with the Rega RS 3 loudspeakers? I listen classic, acoustic and jazz music.

Thanks a lot!

Antoni

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

I found a test to Rega RS3, in a French magazine of classic music - Diapason. They like it very. But my doubt remains, will be better that the BX2 to bind to the device?

Help, please.

Thanks a lot.

A

Anonymous

Hi Antoni!

Im having the same idea but there is no place where i can test this setup:( How did your choice turn out? Whats the verdict?

Thanks!

Ben

TRENDING THREADS