Marantz m cr603 dab aerial question

billycasper

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a marantz 603 and want to connect the dab connection to a normal tv aerial . The connection on the back of the marantz is a screw on antenna and i wondered if any tech minded soul could tell how to connect this to the aerial socket. .is there a simple solution ??

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You need to connect a DAB aerial not a TV aerial.

Some FM aerials will be ok. (Half-wave dipole diagonally aligned for instance.)

You may as well get a proper aerial on the roof and not scimp (or use something designed for an entirely different job).

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ooo I never knew that. I've just Googled the '603 to look at the back panel and discovered that the USA version doesn't have an aerial socket for DAB. The 75Ω socket is only labelled 'FM' so presumably the unit itself doesn't have DAB at all. So I did a further search and discovered that USA never got DAB. You learn something every day.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Depends on how good the DAB reception is where you live really. The Denon DM38 I had and the 603 I have now have both been connected to the TV aerial and my reception is great, never had a problem. If you have a FM aerial then that would probably be fine as well. FM band is 88 - 108Mhz, UHF TV band 470 - 854 Mhz, while the DAB broadcasts are kind of in between the two at 217 - 230Mhz. Its worth trying, as putting up a dedicated DAB aerial may not give you any better reception than you currently get.

The DAB connection on the back of the 603 is 'F' type connector. A visit to somewhere like Maplins will sort that ought. Some are just screw-on to end of the cable type so no special tools required to attach it. If you ask them nicely I suppose they may even make up an aerial lead for you with the right connectors at each end. Don't expect it would be free though.

Rich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts