Marantz m CR 603 with monitor audio bx2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place (on this forum) to ask this?But ...

I'm thinking of buying the marantz MCR603 and the monitor audio bx2, would this be a good match? Technically it is feasible, or am I wrong?

I haven't heard the combination yet, but am willing to do it this weekend, if the shop were I want go have them in store.

What are you guys thinking?

Excuse me for my poor English, I'm dutch. :)

both.of.me

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I would say they should work well togeather

havent heard that exact combo myself but i have heard a 603 running monitor audio silver RX1's and it sounded very impressive

both.of.me

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I would say they should work well togeather

havent heard that exact combo myself but i have heard a 603 running monitor audio silver RX1's and it sounded very impressive

A

Anonymous

So Any news about about the MCR603 and BX2 combo??

I'm very curious because I was going to post a question asking about pairing a Marantz MCR603 with either a pair of B&W 685 or Dynaudio DM 2/6.

Any feedback about this combo? What are your thoughts?

Reason behind my choice is the Marantz MCR603 has pretty good features, especially the ethernet and DAB for the 500 pound price tag. (Could you suggest something else maybe?) Will the B&W 685 or Dynaudio DM 2/6 go well or are they overkill?

My budget is about 1000 pounds. Wouldn't like to overshoot by too much but I want a nice sounding system with easy accesability to my 140gigs of digital music on my PC or network enabled hard drive.

Look forward to receiving everyone's comments.

Thanks!!

A

Anonymous

If you have the room, have you considered floorstanders. I use MA RX6s and my brother has MA BX5 both sound great with the M-CR603. Plus IMO they look a lot better than speakers standing on ugly metal stands.

A

Anonymous

Garybaldi83 said:
So Any news about about the MCR603 and BX2 combo??

I'm very curious because I was going to post a question asking about pairing a Marantz MCR603 with either a pair of B&W 685 or Dynaudio DM 2/6.

Any feedback about this combo? What are your thoughts?

Reason behind my choice is the Marantz MCR603 has pretty good features, especially the ethernet and DAB for the 500 pound price tag. (Could you suggest something else maybe?) Will the B&W 685 or Dynaudio DM 2/6 go well or are they overkill?

My budget is about 1000 pounds. Wouldn't like to overshoot by too much but I want a nice sounding system with easy accesability to my 140gigs of digital music on my PC or network enabled hard drive.

Look forward to receiving everyone's comments.

Thanks!!

The fact is that the shop were I went hadn´t both of them, and so I had to make an appointment for another day, and since I have school exams coming up I decided to wait until that is passed. So I didn´t heard the set, but I did some research on various forums and found out that most of the people were pretty enthousiast about this set. The reason I have chosen for the marrantz cr603 is pretty the same as yours, because it has a lot of internet features, DAB and especially because it is a good performing all-in-one, I don't have much space in my room so it's easier to have an all-in-one than to have all seperate. I also don't want floorstanders, because first of all I don't have enough space on the floor (If I have monitor speakers I will hang them on the wall) and second it's a weak wooden floor which resonates a lot.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
As a M-CR603 owner and a radio listener, I've not even got the DAB or FM aerials hooked up, the internet radio covers all my needs, fed with an ethernet cable from my router. The results are superb.

Only downside is that when I ran the last firmware update, as others on these forums have testified, all my favourite stations list was wiped and I had to start again.

Great piece of kit the M-CR603.

A

Anonymous

Oh that's a pity!

Its very difficult here in Malta to find a store with the kit you want in stock and available to audition...

Interesting point about the wooden floors... I will be installing hard wood floors soon, do you think its wise to steer away from floor standing speakers?

A

Anonymous

Garybaldi83 said:
Oh that's a pity!

Its very difficult here in Malta to find a store with the kit you want in stock and available to audition...

Interesting point about the wooden floors... I will be installing hard wood floors soon, do you think its wise to steer away from floor standing speakers?

For the floorstanders there are issues, such as spikes under the speakers, also a stone tile under the speaker could make the job. :) But when you have a hard wooden floor it's also possible that resonance through the floor won't be very disturbing. If you have space on the floor you could still consider floorstanders, myself I prefer monitor speakers that deliver good and full sound, but that's different for everyone.

A

Anonymous

So... I got hold the the M-CR603 about 3 weeks ago which is brilliant! The only prob I have is that it takes about 10 minutes to initialise my 160gig iPod.

And yesterday I received my B&W 685 speakers... they are just something else. Bi-wired using QED Silver Anniversary...

I'm over the moon! Has anyone else heard this set up? Its my first hi-fi system and I am more than happy with it!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts