Marantz Ki Perl Light Questions

A

ashleycox

Hi all,

I've been thinking, when funds allow, of upgrading to the marantz ki perl light series. Some questions:

1. I know these have been around for a while (they were introduced in 2010 if I remember rightly?). I don't have the funds for them right now, and was wondering if there's any information as to when the production of these will end?

2. What do people think of the ki perl light kit? I've read reviews of it online all of them positive, I've not seen anything negative. Are they a worthwhile upgrade over a pm6004/cd6004 combination?

3. What speakers would work well with a pm-ki perl light amp? I've got tannoy v4's on my 6004 at the moment and love them, but I'd probably need to go for something better when I upgrade the amp.

and lastly... 4. What do people think of the inbuilt phono stage on this amp? Is it decent enough for a midrange turntable and cartridge (like a rega rp3/project xperience, or would I still need to go for an outboard stage? it's my understanding that this is a pretty good phono section from one of their higher end amps.

Thanks in advance for any and all input, sorry for so many questions :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts