• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

marantz ki pearl lite or yamaha as/cd 2000

audioaddict

New member
Nov 1, 2011
114
0
0
im finally on the verge of selling my audiolab stuff which despite changing speakers to the excellent cm1s which i will be keeping ive never been fully happy with i have now shortlisted what i think is a top class integrated and cd plyers. i now need to know from owners which might be the best combo either the pearl lites or yamaha 2000 pairing baring in mind im looking for a deep powerful rich sound thanks guys
 

Mooly

New member
Jun 10, 2011
1
0
0
No hesitation in recommending the Pearl-Lite SACD.

Superb player, fantastic musicallity and outstanding build quality (viewed with my electronics tech hat on :)) The Pearl Lite also has one of the best mechanisms and pickups currently in use.
 

cse

Well-known member
Mar 3, 2008
97
5
18,545
Can recommend the Peal-Lite SACD player as well. Rich sound, although not the most detailed. Haven't heard the Yamaha, though.
 

audioaddict

New member
Nov 1, 2011
114
0
0
thanks guys i was leaning towards those especially at the price they are and the buld quality and styling looks amazin
 

WishTree

Well-known member
May 18, 2010
107
1
18,595
Pearl Lite combination is one of the best that I have heard. At the asking price (compared to the much higher priced one) I would treat them as good Value for Money!
 

audioaddict

New member
Nov 1, 2011
114
0
0
cant wait to get these ive posted so many threads on here in the past because of my despair with the audiolab system which is fundamentally a great sound very powerful and detailed but just not for me a good long term listen. ive ummed and arrhed for ages now about where to go and recently read the review on the pearl lite amp which just about sealed it for me. i keep looking at the units online and the build quality and the looks seem very substantial. one review stated he couldnt actually tell much difference between these and the flag ship pearls high praise indeed. will they go with my bw cm1s ?
 

plastic penguin

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
1,636
83
19,770
audioaddict said:
cant wait to get these ive posted so many threads on here in the past because of my despair with the audiolab system which is fundamentally a great sound very powerful and detailed but just not for me a good long term listen. ive ummed and arrhed for ages now about where to go and recently read the review on the pearl lite amp which just about sealed it for me. i keep looking at the units online and the build quality and the looks seem very substantial. one review stated he couldnt actually tell much difference between these and the flag ship pearls high praise indeed. will they go with the cm1?
Couldn't say. My only real comment is that you MAY find the Marantz PL & Yams a little too warm and lush. Basically you're going from one presentation to another...

Good luck with dem, BTW.
 

audioaddict

New member
Nov 1, 2011
114
0
0
Thanks pp i did also hear the arcam a18 cd17 combo which i was quite impressed which considering theyre bottom of range build sound facilities were excellent
 

alchemist 1

Well-known member
Mar 28, 2012
80
2
18,545
audioaddict said:
im finally on the verge of selling my audiolab stuff which despite changing speakers to the excellent cm1s which i will be keeping ive never been fully happy with i have now shortlisted what i think is a top class integrated and cd plyers. i now need to know from owners which might be the best combo either the pearl lites or yamaha 2000 pairing baring in mind im looking for a deep powerful rich sound thanks guys
I have at present the Yamaha/cm1 combination. It will give you the sound you your lookig for. :)

The build on sacd player and amp is of a battle ship standard.
 

audioaddict

New member
Nov 1, 2011
114
0
0
ive been hols so catchin up on this thread sorry is the yamaha 1000 series just as good do you think as im still undecided on the ki pearl lites or yamahas. im guessing the marantz pair will be sounding better but i jist love the yamahas looks and build
 

plastic penguin

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
1,636
83
19,770
Tricky one. Both amps exhibit similar tonal traits. I would guess it'll come down to which amp grabs your attention aesthetically.

To throw a cat amongst the pigeons (to coin a phrase) have you thought about a Rotel RA-1520 amp? There's two main reasons: Firstly, Rotel and B&W really go well together, and the CM1s I've heard Rotel RA-06, and secondly the Rotel will be closer tonally to your Audiolabs than the Marantz and Yam (actually 3 not 2 :oops: ).
 

alchemist 1

Well-known member
Mar 28, 2012
80
2
18,545
audioaddict said:
ive been hols so catchin up on this thread sorry is the yamaha 1000 series just as good do you think as im still undecided on the ki pearl lites or yamahas. im guessing the marantz pair will be sounding better but i jist love the yamahas looks and build
There is quite a difference between the Yamaha as1000 & as2000. The build is miles ahead of many british hifi.

As i said before if its a big sound your after the as2000 will certainly provide it
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts