Marantz/Denon/Sennheiser not at Bristol Hi-Fi Exibition again this year ?

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I find it quite strange that Marantz/Denon and Sennheiser are again this year as last, not going to be at the Bristol Hi-Fi Exibition 2015, why in particular would that be, and I presume they do show up in other similar Exibitions throughout the uk ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's really down to the manufacturer as to whether it is worth their while. To exhibit at these shows aren't cheap, and there's staffing, time off in lieu or extra pay, travel, equipment shipping etc to take into account as well. If a manufacturer has nothing new to show, they may not feel it is worth the time and expense. Some of these manufacturers will have just done Vegas and ISE too.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply

But what you say about cost is irrelevant, as these companies will have sales departments etc whose job it is to get there products seen and known to aid in future sales, just like all the other many "regular" exibitors, even if they have no new products, but currently Denon actually do have a new product the Denon Ceol N9 which they could exibit now which only came out late last year, and Sennheiser who have a new range of wireless headphones

astracouple

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Denon/Marantz come from the same stable, Sennheiser not related. My guess is that they choose not to go because they feel their marketing budgets can be spent more effectively elsewhere. To my knowledge both the companies don't show at any UK exhibitions.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably expect D&M at The Gadget Show. It's a different audience, a wider audience. One that may not be massively hifi, but would be impressed enough by these companies to enter the hobby. Same reason my old employers do the show. The people that go to the hifi shows already know of D&M, and will often stick their products into a shortlist when demoing anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts