Marantz CD6007

Hifiman2007

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
Have to say I like this review I think WH is guilty sometimes of exaggeration in the difference. But I think it's made it clear that yes it's better..but not to the point it demands an upgrade. Good shout

eoc69

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
I think marantz have made a mistake in pricing for the new 600 series, £100 increase on both the PM6006 and CD6006 for marginal improvements seems excessive.

maxmekker

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Could one say that the 6007 is the 'world' release of the CD6006 UK Edition , ore is it even better in terms of internal build quality and components used ?

Today I use a yamaha CD-N 301 going to my Yamaha rx-v667( via optical cable) and then to a rotel RB 980 and in the end to my old Dali 710.

I would think the DAC in the 6007 would be better than in my yamaha rx-v ?( just because of the age span) But I have no clue tbh what is the great differences of the dac's , so I quess a a/b test digital vs analog connection from a 6007 to my receiver is needed to point that out.

the rx-v should have the Bur-Brown 24bit/192khz I belive
the CD-N 301 should have 192kHz/32-bit Burr-Brown high precision DAC

thanks for any input

Morgan man

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
Marantz’s CD6007 marks a small but significant improvement on its Award-winning predecessor.

Marantz CD6007 : Read more
Hi there, I was about to but the CD6006SE when the CD6007 came out I made enquiries about possible SE edition for the 6007, couldn't find out anything so I rang Marantz UK customer help line. They tell me they have no plans to produce a SE edition. Disappointing for many I fell but I'm not in a hurry so may just wait. (I've signed up for their newsletter so perhaps we will hear it there first if at all) I think they have used the filters to effectively give two version performance in one unit perhaps?

maxmekker

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Got a good deal on a unit slightly used/demo'd.
hooked it up with a set of van damme RCA to my yamaha receiver rx-v667.power to the dali 710 is a Rotel rb980 power amp

Marantz cd6007 - YouTube

Attachments

• 141453934_10157409900771582_7112759754076557186_n.jpg
    141453934_10157409900771582_7112759754076557186_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3

HiFiTom

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site
Marantz CD6007 does NOT support IPhone.
This review and many others have annoyingly overlooked actually checking this facility.
Unfortunately have purchased on the strength of the review.
This would have been a deal breaker for me.
A very disappointing omission on the part of Marantz.
Is this upgradable in the future?

beelzebomb

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the CD6007 is step backwards not forwards. No support for iPhone devices etc, plus removed the ability to ‘delete’ tracks in programme mode (a feature I found incredibly useful, and one that stretches back on Marantz CD players at least 20 years - now gone). Plus a change limiting display info available. I bought the CD6007 not ever thinking Marantz would actually remove so many features. Now bought the CD6006 UK second hand & will be selling the 6007. Well done Marantz.

mcbrion

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The Marantz, following upon several other CD players I have had, including the Arcam FMJ CD 23, Schiit Ygdrassil DAC, Rega Apollo, a Cambridge player (forget the model #), shows itself to be a good performer. It does not, however, see "into" the soundstage in the sense of sounding completely organic. There is a sense of a "remove" from "being there" and is more like hearing it through a very slightly dry presentation with a very fine scrim over the sound. The sound approaches "liquidity" (which is how sound moves through the air in real life. We hear it every day). Considering its price, that might not be expected in such a modest player, but "organic" is, nonetheless, high on my list since the rest of my system (ARC/Shunyata/Nola) can do this.
WHF stresses not as much the sense of - what shall we call it - the "absolute sound" aspects of a player, which is their prerogative, but would be nice for a reader to know how much it sounds like, say, a live mike feed from (in my case) The Metropolitan Opera broadcasts, which one can immediately, on even a decent system of around 2k with an NAD tuner, tell that the performance is happening live and not merely another "exceptionally good recording." But that is just one reader's wish to be included in reviews. Otherwise, it's just exceptionally good "hi-fi."

yaumegui

Sep 29, 2022
Visit site
Bonjour à toutes et tous. Le circuit audio du 6007 a changé cette année. Personne n'est au courant apparemment, mais les condos ne sont absolument plus disposés de la même manière et leur nombre a changé entre les deux variétés. J'ai regardé dedans, c'est de source sûre. On ne sait pas pour quelle raison, mais cependant, on est sur quelque chose de différent, tout de même. Je pose le débat pour informer tout le monde et les professionnels. Salutations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonjour à toutes et tous. Le circuit audio du 6007 a changé cette année. Personne n'est au courant apparemment, mais les condos ne sont absolument plus disposés de la même manière et leur nombre a changé entre les deux variétés. J'ai regardé dedans, c'est de source sûre. On ne sait pas pour quelle raison, mais cependant, on est sur quelque chose de différent, tout de même. Je pose le débat pour informer tout le monde et les professionnels.Salutations.
Forum rules mean posts should be in English, please.

yaumegui

Sep 29, 2022
Visit site
Bonjour à tous. Le circuit audio du 6007 a changé cette année. Apparemment personne n'est au courant, mais les condos ne sont absolument pas agencés de la même façon et leur nombre a changé entre les deux variétés. J'ai regardé, ça vient d'une source fiable. On ne sait pas pour quelle raison, mais pourtant, on est sur autre chose, tout de même. Je demande au débat d'informer tout le monde et les professionnels. Acclamations.

yaumegui

Sep 29, 2022
Visit site
Hello all. The 6007's audio circuitry has changed this year. Apparently no one is aware, but the condos are absolutely not laid out the same way and their number has changed between the two varieties. I looked inside, it's real. We do not know for what reason, but however, we are on something different, all the same. I ask the debate to inform everyone and the professionals. Greetings.

Last edited:

yaumegui

Sep 29, 2022
Visit site
First impression compared to the 6007 from the start (which I had): The stereo separation is incredible and has changed a lot. the sound is more tense too.
It's obvious. have a good day.

Last edited:

Rawmoonie

Nov 12, 2020
Visit site
Marantz CD6007 does NOT support IPhone.
This review and many others have annoyingly overlooked actually checking this facility.
Unfortunately have purchased on the strength of the review.
This would have been a deal breaker for me.
A very disappointing omission on the part of Marantz.
Is this upgradable in the future?
Confused about the I phone comment. How does a CD player suppress an phone?

szoze.ernany

Sep 17, 2022
Visit site
Hello all. The 6007's audio circuitry has changed this year. Apparently no one is aware, but the condos are absolutely not laid out the same way and their number has changed between the two varieties. I looked inside, it's real. We do not know for what reason, but however, we are on something different, all the same. I ask the debate to inform everyone and the professionals. Greetings.
This CD-player has a different DAC chip now, a Sable ESS9016 instead of AKM4490. That is why the circuitry has changed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts