• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Marantz CD6007

Hifiman2007

Mar 3, 2020
Have to say I like this review I think WH is guilty sometimes of exaggeration in the difference. But I think it's made it clear that yes it's better..but not to the point it demands an upgrade. Good shout

eoc69

Dec 7, 2019
I think marantz have made a mistake in pricing for the new 600 series, £100 increase on both the PM6006 and CD6006 for marginal improvements seems excessive.

maxmekker

Nov 25, 2020
Could one say that the 6007 is the 'world' release of the CD6006 UK Edition , ore is it even better in terms of internal build quality and components used ?

Today I use a yamaha CD-N 301 going to my Yamaha rx-v667( via optical cable) and then to a rotel RB 980 and in the end to my old Dali 710.

I would think the DAC in the 6007 would be better than in my yamaha rx-v ?( just because of the age span) But I have no clue tbh what is the great differences of the dac's , so I quess a a/b test digital vs analog connection from a 6007 to my receiver is needed to point that out.

the rx-v should have the Bur-Brown 24bit/192khz I belive
the CD-N 301 should have 192kHz/32-bit Burr-Brown high precision DAC

thanks for any input

Morgan man

Dec 1, 2020
Marantz’s CD6007 marks a small but significant improvement on its Award-winning predecessor.

Marantz CD6007 : Read more
Hi there, I was about to but the CD6006SE when the CD6007 came out I made enquiries about possible SE edition for the 6007, couldn't find out anything so I rang Marantz UK customer help line. They tell me they have no plans to produce a SE edition. Disappointing for many I fell but I'm not in a hurry so may just wait. (I've signed up for their newsletter so perhaps we will hear it there first if at all) I think they have used the filters to effectively give two version performance in one unit perhaps?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS