marantz cd6003 and spotify

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I am intend to use spotify from my laptop through my hifi. I know that marantz cd has got dac in it . So the question is can i hook up my laptop with it or do i got it all wrong here???

Other question is , if above isn't going to work , is it better to buy cheap dac or go for second hand external sound card ( about 20 pounds ) and connect it to amplifier?

Thanks

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
The CD6003 doesn't have that facility I'm afraid.

If the worse comes to the worse you could always use the soundcard on the laptop to hook up to the amp (damn fine amp by the way) using a 3.5mm jack/2 x RCA cable. There's every chance the soundcard is not up to much, so probably a cheap 2nd hand DAC is your best bet. I've never had an external soundcard so don't know what cheap ones are like. I'm sure someone else on here could help. Take a look in the Computer-Based Music forum.

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I must admit that i love this amp!
smiley-smile.gif

I used to use my main pc with asus xonar sc but now i had to move it to the other room so i have got a dilemma as to whether buy a dac for example cyp one or buy external sc like x-fi. I am wondered what would be the best way to do it. The thing is , i don't want to spend too much at mo.

Will have a look at that pc section.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts