Marantz cd6002 vs. Kandy CD PLAYER MkIII vs. Beresford or DacMagic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

I'm new at this hi-fi stuff & am hoping you experts could help me out of my dilemma, thing is I replaced my crappy dvd with the cd6002 player as a source not so long ago & was astounded by the difference. Since then I have replaced my Azur 640a with a Roksan Kandy L3 & suddenly am looking at my marantz as the weak spot, am I out of my mind or would the kandy cd player or external dac(which I could also use with my airport express) give a clear benefit? Btw the speakers I use are probably the weakest link in the system but I intend to wait a few months before I upgrade those(currently using audio pro evidence e5, not sure many of you have heard about them, thinking of replacing with soemthing from spendor or pmc). 

Best Regards, Baldur 

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would save your cash TBH and put it towards a really big speaker upgrade. Your CD is already competant, so I reckon you would be best served by them.

As always though, get thyself to a dealer, armed with your speakers, and try them! You might find you prefer the ones you already have!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Baldur:
Hello.

I'm new at this hi-fi stuff & am hoping you experts could help me out of my dilemma, thing is I replaced my crappy dvd with the cd6002 player as a source not so long ago & was astounded by the difference. Since then I have replaced my Azur 640a with a Roksan Kandy L3 & suddenly am looking at my marantz as the weak spot, am I out of my mind or would the kandy cd player or external dac(which I could also use with my airport express) give a clear benefit? Btw the speakers I use are probably the weakest link in the system but I intend to wait a few months before I upgrade those(currently using audio pro evidence e5, not sure many of you have heard about them, thinking of replacing with soemthing from spendor or pmc).ÿ

ÿBest Regards, Baldurÿ

What are your speakers? If you have an Airport Express and will get the use out of it, it's a no brainer. The Kandy cd player will cost you a fair whack, circa £600, the DacMagic only £200. I don't think that there will be much in it between the two plus you then get the use of the DAC with your ITunes.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions, guess the dac would be the best route as well as saving up for better speakers later on. I however would be getting the kandy cdp for much less than ukp600, more like 300 or so(used) hence I suddenly got upgrade fever, just not sure I would notice the difference much.ÿ

John Duncan

Baldur:Thanks for the suggestions, guess the dac would be the best route as well as saving up for better speakers later on. I however would be getting the kandy cdp for much less than ukp600, more like 300 or so(used) hence I suddenly got upgrade fever, just not sure I would notice the difference much.

Which makes the Kandy and the DACMagic more or less the same cost, since you'd get money for the Marantz. But check out Charlie's thread elsewhere about Airport Express sounding better than his CD player.......

A

Anonymous

Well after thinking about it the dac would benefit my airport express, desktop pc if I will bother with long enough cable, dvd player, laptop when playing divx & maybe even the cd6002 so guess it's pretty much nailed on. Just have to find out where I can buy it here in Denmark now. :)

TRENDING THREADS