Marantz 5003 cd player or the Rega Apollo??

rtg428

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade from my Marantz cd 5003 cd player to the Rega Apollo player or stick with the Marantz. I've heard the Apollo cd player and I didn't hear that much difference in sound at a Rega dealer. I have Energy C-5 floorstanding speakers, Rega P3-24 turntable and a Marantz 1060 integrated amp which I'll be replacing with a Outlaw RR 2150 receiver. Any suggestions???? R.T. Gentry

T

the record spot

I'd imagine the Rega would be the better player, but not by that much. Marantz budget CDPs (in fact, most of them period) are fine machines. Best thing to do is to hear side-by-side.

Welcome to the forum, I'm guessing you're in the States or Canada going by the Outlaw gear you have there?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I had a Marantz CD5003 up to recently, I picked it up new for just less than a £100 last year. My original intention was to buy a cheap CD player just as a transport and utilise my Beresford Caiman DAC. I had it hooked up to my PM8003 amp both direct with Chord crimson cables and via the Beresford Caiman. When switching between the two there was absolutely no difference in quality (both superb). For the money it was a quite remarkable player. How it compares to the Rega I've no idea but for the money I find it hard to believe you could better it with a similar costing player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts