Marant SA Pearl Lite or not?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I have a Marantz pm pearl lite amp and i love it :) I have a Marantz cd 6004. No SACD's. Will be the Marantz SA Pearl lite cd's better play than the cd 6004 which is optimized fot cd? Is it worth the money or better use the money for streaming?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It is one of the great sounding amps there. I love it! Even better is the amp in combo with Pearl Lite SACD. You will be in for a great treat if you get the SACD player as well.

Even better, the SACD accepts diigtal inputs as well. So you get an Apple TV or Apple Airport Express then it works as a streamer as well (if not as functional as a stand alone streamer)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The sound quality of any disc player is in its analogue output stage, so the Pearl lite model may well sound better than the 6004, if you consider the range to be above the 6004. In addition, they both operate in DAC mode, so are a bit more versatile than a standalone CD player.

Try to get a listen side by side to see if you can notice a difference, if you do, only you can decide if it is worth the extra cash.

Seems like you have a lot of other options to consider as well.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
My music is (older) rock, metal and pop. Only cd, no sacd. I like a warmer sound. That's why i like the Marantz Pearl Lite amp. Speakers are MA RX 6. Difficult. The Sa Pearl lite sacd is a nice match with my amp, but does it sounds really better than the cd 6004? Or better go for the NA-7004 streamer? I read on forums that many go for streaming and sell their cdp.

It depends on a few things, like how many CDs you have. On what device would you store them if you sold your CDP?

If you are seriously choosing between the Pearl CD and the streamer, I'd actually suggest choosing the streamer and keeping your current CDP.

But I'm sure a Pearl will sound better, though whther you'd like the diference, no-one here can tell you.

Streaming is in its infancy, while CD is in its twilight years - though they said that about LPs in 1985 and yet look at the number of TTs that are still sold!

peterpan said:
I have a Marantz pm pearl lite amp and i love it :) I have a Marantz cd 6004. No SACD's. Will be the Marantz SA Pearl lite cd's better play than the cd 6004 which is optimized fot cd? Is it worth the money or better use the money for streaming?

For me it'll be a no brainer. It's like asking whether the Arcam CD37 (SACD player) is better than the CD17. Without question, yes.

However, what is a little trickier to answer whether it'll be better than streaming? only a side-by-side dem will decide that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts