manual sync in itunes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have ripped about 30gb of lossless files onto my dads computer, then synced my ipod classic to it and downloaded them.

I did this using automatic sync etc, but now my dad has completely cleared the music files.  I am adding more music onto the computer to put ont my ipod, but how do you use the manual sync?

When you connect the ipod, you can tick a box that says manual sync your tunes etc, but then do you hit the sync button down the bottom right hand of the screen?  This then says to sync to the libary, but does this then wipe the existing files off the ipod?

Do you have to press no to sync with the library, and drag and drop the files / albums wanted etc?

I am a novice with Ipod's, so do not want to wipe my files, as am off to OZ in a few days, and need the existing ones on the ipod already.

Sorry if I am not making much sense, or being thick, so your help would be appreciated.

Phil 

John Duncan

potboyslim:This then says to sync to the libary, but does this then wipe the existing files off the ipod?
ÿ
Do you have to press no to sync with the library, and drag and drop the files / albums wanted etc?

That's pretty much it, yes - if you sync to the library which now has no files on it, it'll remove them from your iPod. Set iTunes to "manage my music manually" and drag and drop the new files onto the iPod and you should be fine.

How did the files get deleted? Are they still in the recycle bin? Do you want to recover them - there are software packages available to do it?

A

Anonymous

Yes, if you let it sync with the iPod, it will wipe all the music on the iPod unfortunately. There are ways around this though, the best is probably following this link as it will explain everything to you with regards getting the music you currently have on your iPod back onto the computer so you don't loose it all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts