making biwire cable single wire?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i have Chord Odyssey 4 biwire speaker cable - i have recently changed my speakers and they are no longer biwireable - i don't want to pay to have the plugs changed - is there any adapters or anything i can use to connect both ends together so use it as a single cable - i assume this won't cause any damage?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure whether the Focal terminals have hole drilled through the pins in the horizontal plane to accept bare wire when the screw collar is loosened off: if they do, you may well find the Chord banana plug will go through the hole.

So one 'red' plug through the hole, the other one pushed into the socket on the end of the terminal, job done.

Otherwise you'll need the cables reterminating.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
haven't checked the speaker end yet but that would still leave me with a problem at the amp end as i used to bi amp aswell - don't really want to have them reterminated as i change my kit on a regular basis and then would prob end up having to change it back

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
andrew just checked speakers and yes that would work one in back and one through whole

could i use the second switchable set of speakers terminals on my amp or would that damage everything? Because wouldn't that be an identical signal or is that like trying to biwire a pair of single wire speakers with it all going bang?

or would i have to do the same at the amp end and see if the cable will fit in the end and through the hole - won't fit amp end unfort

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i found some old banana plugs in my box of bits that can take obne plug through the end and one through the middle so managed to connect all up to one set of inputs both end so problem solved

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts