Make you hairs stand up . . . music has soul.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Doing a bit of grubbing around in Spotify . . . came up with the sound track of the film 'O Brother Where Art Though', seen the film a few times, have DVD, and we like the sound track, very down to earth.

I came up with the Delux edition on Spotify, I dont know it its 'delux' in sound or because it includes some tracks that were not in the film? Be that as it may, performances are earthy as befits the story, the sound quality is superb, close micked, picking up all the inner detail with ambiance. I then came to the track 'Lonesome Valley' by the Fairfield Four, a black group that has been around for a long while. On O Brother they sing accapella, there is a base voice that as I say, 'made my hairs stand on end'..

Still have the hairs standing, I went into some more of there recordings on Spotify . . . listening to them as I type :type:

Give yourself a treat, perfection it is not, but the music has 'soul' that cones over in bucket loads . . .

CJSF

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CJSF said:
Doing a bit of grubbing around in Spotify . . . came up with the sound track of the film 'O Brother Where Art Though', seen the film a few times, have DVD, and we like the sound track, very down to earth. I came up with the Delux edition on Spotify, I dont know it its 'delux' in sound or because it includes some tracks that were not in the film? Be that as it may, performances are earthy as befits the story, the sound quality is superb, close micked, picking up all the inner detail with ambiance. I then came to the track 'Lonesome Valley' by the Fairfield Four, a black group that has been around for a long while. On O Brother they sing accapella, there is a base voice that as I say, 'made my hairs stand on end'.. Still have the hairs standing, I went into some more of there recordings on Spotify . . . listening to them as I type :type: Give yourself a treat, perfection it is not, but the music has 'soul' that cones over in bucket loads . . . CJSF

Thanks for the tip CJ, will check it out.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, interesting album.

An album that has a similar effect on me is And Still I Rise by Heritage Blues Orchestra, try track Go Down Hannah.

Also Susan McKeown Dark Horse on the Wind off Lowlands is fairly hair rising, might even turn it white if its not too late. :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
BigH said:
Thanks for the tip, interesting album.

An album that has a similar effect on me is And Still I Rise by Heritage Blues Orchestra, try track Go Down Hannah.

Also Susan McKeown Dark Horse on the Wind off Lowlands is fairly hair rising, might even turn it white if its not too late. :)

Susan really does have a fine voice!

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts