Major Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi can someone give me some advice. I am planning a major upgrade and have picked out some kit and would like to know a couple of things.

TV: Panasonic TX-L47WT50

Amp: Pioneer SC-LX56

Speakers: B&W MT-50

Player: Not sorted yet

I would like the Panasonic plasma but can’t justify the running costs. I looked at the Sony KDL-46HX853 but don’t like the monolith styling. So what do you think of the Panasonic TX-L47WT50?

What do you think about the amp, I have considered the Onkyo TX-NR818 but have settled on the Pioneer, is this sensible and will it work well with the B&W speakers.

What do you think of the B&W MT-50 speakers? Not sure which version to go for as far as the sub goes, is it worth the extra money for the PV1D sub or just stick with the ASW608.

Do you think the system will work well together or would I be better re-thinking? Any info anyone can give me would be grateful received

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Christmas Jones said:
Hi can someone give me some advice. I am planning a major upgrade and have picked out some kit and would like to know a couple of things.

TV: Panasonic TX-L47WT50

Amp: Pioneer SC-LX56

Speakers: B&W MT-50

Player: Not sorted yet

I would like the Panasonic plasma but can’t justify the running costs. I looked at the Sony KDL-46HX853 but don’t like the monolith styling. So what do you think of the Panasonic TX-L47WT50?

What do you think about the amp, I have considered the Onkyo TX-NR818 but have settled on the Pioneer, is this sensible and will it work well with the B&W speakers.

What do you think of the B&W MT-50 speakers? Not sure which version to go for as far as the sub goes, is it worth the extra money for the PV1D sub or just stick with the ASW608.

Do you think the system will work well together or would I be better re-thinking? Any info anyone can give me would be grateful received

Thanks

Hi

I like what kit you have gone for. I think it looks good and will work well, couple of people on here have very similar kit and love their systems too. I was quite impressed when I saw the Panasonic wt50! Pioneer amp with the B&W speakers a big yes from me! Not sure what to say sub wise apart from can you demo?

Blu-ray player I think I would be tempted with the Oppo 103 or 105 Blu-ray player, I have just read a great review of it too! If not then the Pioneer 55 and 450 would be high on my list. I think you are definitely on the right lines.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Just wondering how is the mt 50 compared to the ma mass?

Just love the look of the mass Bt is the performance will be as good as the mt 50? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the reply and thanks to Gel who’s given me something to think about.

I still can’t make my mind up about the speakers. I like the MK-1 and read loads of review that all rate them, but the other day I fell into the Apex thread and now I’m wondering whether I should consider them instead.

The only think about the Apex is the cost and the sub as WHF don’t rate it, any info would be good and whether the amp and speakers will work well together.

I’ll have to arrange some demos before I part with any money.

Going to buy the TV as I have the money burning a hole in my pocket, I will then go from there

D

Deleted member 2457

Christmas Jones said:
Hi thanks for the reply and thanks to Gel who’s given me something to think about.

I still can’t make my mind up about the speakers. I like the MK-1 and read loads of review that all rate them, but the other day I fell into the Apex thread and now I’m wondering whether I should consider them instead.

The only think about the Apex is the cost and the sub as WHF don’t rate it, any info would be good and whether the amp and speakers will work well together.

I’ll have to arrange some demos before I part with any money.

Going to buy the TV as I have the money burning a hole in my pocket, I will then go from there

Pioneer amps do get recommended with the Apex, demo is important though. With the TV go for as big as possible, 47 inches today is tiny. When you buy your amp and speakers you should be able to negotiate a big discount, bear that in mind.

A

Anonymous

Went shopping yesterday, looked at a few TV’s, the Panasonic 47WT50 and the 50GT50, and ended up being the proud owner of a 50VT50.

Wow what a picture, so much better than the LED but the LED is good. Watching Tron at the moment, what a picture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts