Mains Cables

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I'm starting to think that I might benefit with some decent/budget mains cables. My system is here http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/271216.aspx

What one can anyone recommend? And what kit should it be added to in preference? CDP/StereoAmp/CinemaAmp/TV/BDPlayer. TV gets the most use - everytthing else pretty much the same. Would you buy one for each kit?

BTW I have one of those british gas extension blocks (turns everything off standby) which everything is plugged into, would I still benefit (I want to keep this block)

Matt

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd look at getting a couple of Clearer Audio Copper-line Alpha cables to start with. You can mix and match them with your kit and give them a go to see what you think - if you don't like them, send them back for a full refund. I found it improved several scenes when watching Blu-Rays when one was used with my TV and, after a month or so, I also accidentally discovered that it had improved music played through my AV amp. I say accidentally because I started a thread here which said, after a lot of testing, I preferred Stereo mode on my Onkyo AV amp. Without thinking about this test, I then upgraded the mains cable and then, when someone questioned that thread I retried it and suddenly found Pure Audio was a better sound - and quite significantly better at that. The only thing which had changed was the mains cable.

I can also attest to their 60 day money back guarantee - at one point I had the Silver-line cable (which cost in the region of £200) but it clearly wasn't suitable in my system. I sent it back and got all my money back including postage to return it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts