mains cables for budget sistem please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi my sistem is cambridge audio azur cd 540v2 amp 640v2 ixos 553 cable and azur iterconnects, tannoy eyris2 coming at the end of the month to replace mordaunt short 902i so i like the performance but bilive that aq good mains lead could further improve performance and im willing to invest £100 in mains leads, i need two that makes £50 for each one and i dont know where to start so give me some advice thanks

A

Anonymous

true but upgrades will come in the future, new cd player and probably a pre/power amp so it would be easyer for me to buy the mains cables now that i have some more spare cash so please share your wisdom sir ,ta very much

A

Anonymous

I too am very impressed by the response. I would be easy to say "go and buy cables" when they will have little effect. However doesn't this conflict with the latest mag advice? The group test review of CD players, where the Marantz wins out, states adding something like the CleaerAudio Copper Line cable will make a real difference yet this post suggests otherwise.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew have mentioned elsewhere here that he is now post as how he has experienced it rather from the magazine....that's why the man got full respect from me. Don't forget that there are many people that can hear some improvment from power cables so the end of the day it's your ears that count! Complicated subject indeed sir.

A

Anonymous

You can always take de DIY route to try if powercords do make a diffrence.

Do a googlesearch and you will find many different articles about diy powercords.

It's cheap, it's fun and easy to do and it works.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mjwsat"]

However doesn't this conflict with the latest mag advice?

[/quote]

As I keep saying, I'm no longer part of the reviewing team on the magazine, so my views as expressed here are very much IMHO. The point I'm trying to make is that while improved mains cables may make a difference when used with a fairly high-end system in which everything else - equipment choice, supports, positioning, interconnet cable choice and speakers cables - has been optimised, dropping £100 on mains cables for a system at this level is going to bring improvements so small as to be imperceptible to most listeners.

A

Anonymous

thank u mr everard fo explaning yourself a bit better, u do have a point i think but what im slowly working on is a midrange system the first step is the tannoy eyris2 speakers then the rest will come

A

Anonymous

Hello , if you are going down the D.I.Y. route , you could try Supra Lo Rad 2.5 , if you don't want a long length one cable cut in half could do you. Then a couple of M.K. Toughplugs and a pair of I.E.C. plugs, you'll find all these on the net so shop around and compare prices before you buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts