Magnum Dynalab ST-2 Vertical, Omni-Directional, 1⁄2 Wave Antenna

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Tuned into my desired local BBC radio station 104.9fm the signal strength on my Linn Kudos tuner measures +/- 20 dBμV using a simple Vivanco dipole 'T' aerial. The sound is good/ok but with occasional crackle (I have experimented by turning off any and all electrical appliances and wifi to find/eliminate culprit of crackle but to no avail). I can get signals closer to 30dBμV on other local fm stations.

The Linn Kudos manual states "The signal strength is displayed as a number between 0 and 99 in dBμV. For good FM reception the signal strength should be at least 70dBμV on strong stations".

Based on my current measurement of 20dBμV which sounds ok, I feel that I should be aiming for a signal strength closer to 70dBμV.

My house is of brick construction (solid walls, circa 1690) and Grade II listed which restricts or eliminates installation of an outdoor aerial.

So top of my list is a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 Vertical, Omni-Directional, 1⁄2 Wave Antenna to be installed close to a window in my lounge.

Your thoughts or alternative solutions would be well received

Many thanks.

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Tumbleweed...

Taken plunge an ordered the Magnum ST-2 from Audiofreaks and expect delivery Thursday/Friday.

Will let you know results if anyone interested

Regards

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Blimey, my wife is more interested than you lot! :roll:

Magnum Dynalab ST-2 installed internally (temporarily) in my lounge, I have installed horizontally to the side of wooden beam (out of sight) close to window.

Signal strength increased to 40 dBμV (nigh on doubled) so have high expectations when I finally re-install in the loft and hope to achieve the + 70 dBμV figure.

:wave: